All Thompson Show and Shoot 2018 Dates Aug 3/4

• 3 weeks later...

Granville Inn all the way. Tight on parking but very clean, quiet and very close to the show. Stayed at Cherry Valley once and would never stay again. First room the AC did not work , almost 90 degrees inside room for 3 hours until I got another room, second room toilet leaked water all over bathroom floor and room was very damp. Had to put my clothes in my car to have dry clothes.. Granville Inn all the way. JMHO

Was a fun place then the upstairs was one room with a pool table.

But................it still smells like old people. :lol: :P <_>

I hate to miss this years TATA show but some things came up that I hadn't anticpated. I'll try to attend next year.

I know you all will have a great time.

Frank

Questions;

How much ammo to bring ?

and

Will there be copies of Traci's book there to buy ?

Depends on how much you want to shoot. On Sat morning we have an organized paper shoot that progresses in distance. Youll need three 20 round mags for 5 or 6 stages although youre firing 20 rounds at each stage (memory a little fuzzy on exact course of fire). The others are extra in case of jams.

Immediately following is a steel plate competitiom. How much ammo used will depend on how good you are and how far in the competition bracket you stay in.

In parallel to the steel plates and usually for a while afterwards, the morning range is open for free shooting of pistol caliber arms. Thompsons, other subguns, handguns are all welcome.

For both competitions combined youd want a total of 500-1000 rounds. The free shoot depends on how many C drum dumps you want to do :-)

Yes, you can get Tracies book there as well as have him sign it and typically many of the other authors are there as well.

See you in a few weeks.

Ron

Odd, I cannot get my phone to post an apostrophe in the post.

Edited by ron_brock

Questions;

How much ammo to bring ?

and

Will there be copies of Traci's book there to buy ?

1000 rounds. 100 rounds for the paper shoot, The rest is the steel shoot and play time.

Yes, TH will have books, usually does. I say that, and this will be the year no books will be left.

Reading through my old issues of small arms review and came across this picture from August 2006

We were a lot younger then...but the event is still as much fun today!

Reading through my old issues of small arms review and came across this picture from August 2006

post-261190-0-19849600-1532384757_thumb.

Look! I had dark hair then! :lol: :P And little Tommy H. is all grown up and in college now. WOW! How time flies.

This is going to be a well attended event. I've only missed one year of it since 2005, and I look forward to it every year. Can't wait to see everyone again!

I'll have my paper item display, as well as a display of items that formerly belonged to firearms forensics pioneer Calvin Goddard. I know there are going to be some great displays this year. Many folks have really stepped up their game, based on what I saw at OGCA two weekends ago..

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I hate to Miss this one(I never attended one and got bitten by the TSMG bug a year ago!!)

I met a lot of nice helpful folks on here. I will definitely make next year's meeting.

I wish everyone a great and safe time and look forward to attending next year!!

It was also great seeing all the new members and families this year as well. Very big thanks to all those that traveled near and also very far to attend this event!!

Also all of the shoot winners were fresher blood. You old timers need to get to the range a little more.

Ron

Sue and I had a great time making new friends and looking at some awesome displays. Thanks to the Hill family for there hospitality, we had a great time!

Andy

This was a fantastic Show and Shoot!!

We had over 90 attendees, with a good third of them being new members.

More to come, but there was a "Grudge Match" that occurred on the steel range after the steel shoot had ended, pairing an M3 against a Colt Thompson...A predictable result occurred.

I have to say that the friendships I have developed at the S&S since first attending in 2005 are ones that I cherish. It's a great group of folks, and we welcome new enthusiasts to the group. I pray everyone remains healthy, and look forward to seeing all next year. I will see many before then, at upcoming shoots, Knob Creek, and at NRA in Indianapolis in April. BTW, The American Thompson Association board voted to participate in the collector displays at NRA Indy 2019, and more will also be posted about that effort coming up soon. We have quite a few devoted Indiana members, and I know it will be a great time!

I hope all have had safe travels home from the Show and Shoot today!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David Albert

• Upvote 1

The 2018 All Thompson Show & Shoot sponsored by the Hill family for members of The American Thompson Association and their guests was a great success. 90 plus attendees; lots of Thompson guns and accessories! The displays were fabulous. And the catered dinner Saturday night was superb. A big thank you to Tracie, Donna, Thomas and Mary Kate for allowing us to have a special weekend at your home. This is a must attend show and shoot for Thompson enthusiasts. I am sure next years event will be just as great so clear your calendars when the 2019 dates are announced.

Show below is a small sample of what you missed during the free shoot...

Edit: I forgot to mention full auto 45 did an excellent job taking the video!

Edited by TD.
  • Upvote 1