A Question About A Thompson's History

I have a question for the group. I am trying to find out some information about a Thompson that I'm trying to buy, an early 1921 s/n 14xx. It isn't in Tracy Hill's book. Any idea where else I can look or who I can ask for help?

Snipershot1944@yahoo.com

A fellow named Gordon Hergdsstaid or something like that puts out a like $500 book that might have it in there. I dont know where you can find this book, but I bet its out there. At that price I am sure they didn't sell that many. This book would be for the colt freaks mostly, as it only covers the first 15000 examples of the Thompson.

Hope this helps. Mabye someone with a copy can look up your gun and just tell you. That would be a lot cheaper anyway.

Jr

QUOTE it only covers the first 15000 examples of the Thompson.

John J,

Maybe someday someone will record all the minutia on the nearly 2 million WWII Thompsons'. Of course a book of that magnitude would cost $5,000. But hey, wouldn't a book recording accurate historical info on your Thompson cramp your style of creating apocryphal gun stories?

The weapon is not in either book. Guess I get to make up my own history if I ever get to buy it.

Actually, the weapon was bought/confiscated by a Virginia State Trooper in the 1940's/1950's and he carried it in his trunk for those times when a .38 colt wasn't up to the task. My dad, who used to work with the trooper, told me about it. I tracked it down after about 2-months of phone calls, etc. At least it's registered now. It seems the FBI tried to confiscate it several times from the trooper, but couldn't catch him with it.

Now if I can just get the family to sell it, along with the hardcase.

rsilver,..

Is that a NAC prefix or suffix gun....HomoNAC or NACHomo...this is so confusing...I liked it better when we all here just discussed Thompsons...I`m going to my room now.

i know gordon a good friend,he just got back trying to research and locate hemingways thompson.that he bought in 1935..........talk about alot of work...............

anyhow get his book a true value for sure........

and ron is not a colt snob, i love all thompson's even wes-hurlee's............and miltary...............heck my first one at the tender age of 17 was a tennessee commando model.............because the outfit that sold the one in phx.said i was too young to order from them........

and it was the closet thing you could get.......to the real deal....................and at $115.00 no "thompson greed"

i have had a few 14xx number guns,probably at least 3 i can remember off hand.............and yes history is hard to find,nobody wants to talk, or remembers or care's......

so if you get one just be happy with that.........or be prepared to spend a little time doing research.....if you turn up a few blind alleys don't be surprised,good luck!! ron