New M6 Military...Haven't Seen One For Sale Before

https://www.machineguncentral.com/ViewDetails.aspx?p=627--f434c8b8-eb29-480d-8bb8-e110e2d8c462

finish doesnt look right...too perfect...too black....doesnt match what i know as the correct finish

wood too glossy?

its missing the swivel on the butt stock

how did these military models come to this country? dewat?

did police depts use them instead of the police version?

and how much is that spike worth? i know its a very rare item?

Looks to be a reactivated dewat that was refinished. Have some old gun magazines from the early 60's there are ads from I think Seaport traders that were selling dewat m6 military for $ 49.95. There should be no gap between barrel shoulder and receiver like you see in the pictures. Original finish should be parkerized but blue finish could also be possible. Blue should not be a high polish but more of a dull finish. Bayonet catch looks different than ones shown in books or gun magazines. Could be a later improvement over earlier style. Bayonets are not too common. Have seen prices over the past years form $50 to $ 200. Not a bad looking M6 but has been reworked. M17ap

• 1 month later...

Well, here goes my speculation on this. There are some Military Versions on the Transferable List...I have no idea on "how many", but my guess is the number is less than 10. There were some late Police Models that were made with the horizontal stock, but they did not come stock with the Bayonet. I think there may be around 500 M6's on the Transferable List, but I may be wrong. They do not come up for sale anymore or in quantities. M10, M11, and M12's are in the thousands. I do know that there are about 100 Guide Lamp Grease Guns on the LIST and 75 Medea Grease Guns on the LIST. I talked to the owner of Medea and he told me that there were 73 of the 45 ACP's, one in 9MM, and one in 22 LR on the LIST.

I have seen some Bayonets come up for sale on various Forums and on GunBroker and the average cost is around $150.

You would have to get Frank I's book or contact Dave Albert on the Serial Number to see if this really was a Military Model.

I'm not saying it "ain't", but I am doubtful. Its kinda like the Reising with a folding stock - you can buy a Reising 50 at a reasonable cost and you can buy a Reising Paratrooper Stock at a premium, then you can sell a Reising 55 Paratrooper at a Premium Price, but that don't make it a real ONE! Nuff Said! LJ