Who Are YOU Votin' Fer?

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who Are YOU Votin' Fer?

• George W. Bush
    • John Kerry
    • Nader
    • Write in
    • I don't like either of them, but Bush is better...
    • I don't like either of them, but Kerry is better...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really am not planning on voting at all, i would rather not vote then vote for either of them, but i would have to say that I honestly believe kerry will win, im just going to sit back and whatever happens, happens

i honestly believe that even if kerry is elected nothing much having to do with gun control will change at all, the rep still have house and senate control, and even then bush was going to sing the awb anyway??

Edited by DDAYJune6

DDay, with this being your first chance to vote, you had better get out and vote for GWB. Only being 18 and not have seen as much as many of us, you will understand later down the road. But for God's sake, and ours, don't vote for a person that befriended the enemy in time of war. A man who turned against his own country and disgraced himself infront of this country. A man who turned against his very own brothers in arms in time of war.

Ok, off my soap box and heading for knob Creek to get a sense of my freedom again.

CAN YOU NAME THIS COUNTRY?

709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) PERSONNEL.

293,000 RESERVE TROOPS.

EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS.

20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT

232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.

19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.

FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS AND 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES PLUS ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.

IS THIS COUNTRY RUSSIA, CHINA, GREAT BRITAIN, FRANCE ?...ALL WRONG

MUST BE USA THEN RIGHT ? STILL WRONG WELL SORT OF

THESE ARE THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE ELIMINATED DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON AND AL GORE AND SUPPORTED BY JOHN KERRY (THESE HE DID VOTE ON)

Sen. John Kerry, Democrat from Massachusetts says he is the strongest Presidential Candidate on National Defense ! He said check the Record..

We Did ! Here is what we learned:

He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle

He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank

He voted to kill every Aircraft carrier laid down from 1988

He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system

He voted to kill the F-15 strike eagle

He voted to kill the Block 60 F-16

He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade

He voted to kill the B-1

He voted to kill the B-2

He voted to kill the Patriot anti Missile system

He voted to kill the FA-18

He voted to kill the B-2

He voted to kill the F117

He voted to kill every military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons system since 1988, including a bill for battle armor for our troops.

It is most likely, with Sen. John Kerry as President and Commander in Chief of our Armed Services, that they will cease to function making it impossible for our country to protect itself.

John Kerry voted to kill all anti-terrorism activities of each and every agency of the U.S. Government.

He voted to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%.

He voted to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%.

He voted to cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.

THEN, and this is abhorrent to almost every American Voter be you Democrat, Republican or Independent, he voted to increase OUR funding for U.N operations by 800% !!

Ask yourself, Is THIS the person you want as President of these United States providing for the Common Defense of the Nation and be the Leader of the Free World ?

His voting history can be accessed through Senate voting records.

The above is an accurate summary:

Every year an independent tax watchdog group analyzes the average tax burden on Americans, and then calculates the "Tax Freedom Day". This is the day after which the money you earn goes to you, not the government.

This year, tax freedom day was April 11th. That's the earliest it has been since 1991. Its latest day ever was May 2nd, which occurred in 2000. Notice anything special about those dates?

Recently John Kerry gave a speech in which he claimed Americans are actually paying more taxes under Bush, despite the tax cuts. He gave no explanation and provided no data for this claim.

Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.

Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas. Kerry owns 4 mansions, all worth several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an old barn brought over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame).

Bush paid $250,000 in taxes this year; Kerry paid $90,000. Does that sound right? The man who wants to raise your taxes obviously has figured out a way to avoid paying his own.

Please pass this on... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

im not going to vote for someone i do not like, and i dont like either of them, and from what i have seen on the news, our vice president voted against most of those as well,

when it comes right down to it, i more then likely will vote for bush, but i just wont feel right about it http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

the only thing that i dont like about bush is that the situation in iraq has been going south lately and i have yet seen the administration give a clear answer about why we went to war

and i have never understood tax cuts when theres a defecit???? doesnt that just make it worse?

Edited by DDAYJune6

Dday,

No one has said Bush did everything perfect or as the majority wanted but you will learn as you get older it can sometimes be more important who doesn't get into office.

I personally don't like politicians and I know or should say have met many personally. They usually aren't bad but I despise when they constantly change their stand on issues to go with what the polls want. Pick a stance on issues and stick with your decision, unless it's a choice you know was wrong and requires the course of action to be changed.

List of issues Kerry has flip flopped his vote or opinion on

QUOTE (DDAYJune6 @ Oct 8 2004, 08:20 AM)
i really am not planning on voting at all, i would rather not vote then vote for either of them,

DDAYJune6,

You should think for a moment about the name you have chosen to use on this board. Alot of good and brave men died on this day to fight tyranny so free people like us are able to vote.

Voting is not like some high school popularity contest were you cast your ballot for the person you like the best. This is about voting for the person who will best serve our country. Your not a kid anymore, as an adult you have a responsibility and duty to vote. With that being said, GWB needs YOUR vote.

you guys dont need to give me all this info about kerry flip flopping and all that other crap

I DO NOT LIKE JOHN KERRY. i have said that time and time again, every time i tell someone that i dont much care for george bush, i automatically like kerry

the fact is that i dont like either of them at all, and its tough to bring myself to voting for someone that i do not like at all

you know who i really like and think would have made a great president?

John Mcain

I agree with 96lt1ss, i hate it when there is an issue and the polls show most americans support it, so congress is all for it, as soon as something happens and americans dont supoort it, they swithc right away

thats one of my biggest issues with kerry

my biggest issue with bush is iraq,

I wish he would just come out and say "you know what, Im sorry, we didnt have enought troops to keep the peace and its getting pretty bad over there" and then give us a straightforward plan about what hes going to do over there

my best friend since 5th grade is leaving for iraq more then likely, hes and mp and i have 3 members of my own family in the military so when all these troops are dying in iraq i would just like to know what there dying for

if all that would be settled bush would have my vote hands down

Edited by DDAYJune6

DDay,... Vote!!...think of the soldiers who have sacrificed for your right to vote...6/6/44...D day... and every encounter before and after that day, Americans, gave something so you could vote in this election...don`t waste your rights,your duty...most here on this forum would urge you to vote for GWB,including myself,...you need to vote one way or another... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Nothing chaps my hide more than someone saying they are not going to vote because they do not like either option. We live in a country where we have the right to cast our vote, but too many squander that chance while many people in other countries face death if they show up at their election polls to cast a vote. It still blows me away when I hear about some third world country having close to 100% voter turn out even in the face of bands of murderers threatening to kill them all. Of course, this is when they are given the option. We in the good ol' US of A cannot even get a 40% turn out. Please, DO NOT throw away your right to vote! As the saying goes, 'ignore your rights and they will go away'. I do not know about anybody else, but I feel if you do not vote you do not have the right to b***h about who is elected. As others have stated, way too many of our brave soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice for us to sit back and not vote. Apathy will be our undoing. It is not only your right, it is your DUTY as an American CITIZEN to vote.

John McCain would NOT make a good president. He is another RINO! I will step down off my soap box.

Scott

Edited by M1tommygun

For those who are against President Bush because of the way the war in Iraq is progressing you would be well advised to read an article by Max Boot, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. paraphrasing what Mr. Boot said: 1- Lincoln is remembered for winning the civil war and freeing the slaves but we forget he lost more battles than ony other president - First and Second Bull Run, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Chickamauga ..... and as the Union fortunes fell, Opponents tarred Lincoln with invective that might make even Michael Moore blush. Harpers magazine called him a "despot, liar, braggart, buffoon, ursurper, monster, ignoramus." 2-Roosevelt had more than his share of mistakes too, the most notorious being his failure to prevent the attack on Pearl Harbor, even though U.S. code breakers had given him better intelligence than Bush had before Sept. 11. FDR also did not do enough to prepare the armed forces for war and then pushed them into early offenses at Guadalcanal and North Africa that took a heavy toll on inexperienced troops. At Kasserine pass the U.S. Army was mauled by vetran German units, loosing more than 6000 soldiers. The allies went on to win the war but still suffered many snafus, such as Market Garden and the battle of the buldge, when a massive German onslaught caught U.S. troops napping. Like Lincoln, who jailed suspected Southern sympathizers without trial, Roosevelt was guilty of civil liberties restrictions that were light years beyond the patriot act (such as news censorship and the detention of 120,000 Japanese Americans without any proof of disloyalty) We are loosing one or two soldiers a day in Iraq. Lincoln lost and average of 250 daily for four years and Roosevelt 300 daily for more than 3 1/2 years. If they could overcome such numbing losses to prevail against far more formidable foes than we face now, it's ludicrous to give in to today's fashionable funk. "Collossal failure of judgment are to be expected in wartime"; I dare say even John Kerry (whose judgement on Iraq changes every 30 minutes) might commit a few. They do not have to spell defeat anymore now than they did in 1865 or 1945.

Unbelievable. DDay, there is only one candidate right for the job, and it ain't John Kerry. Yes, I know you don't like either one of the choices, but be it as it may, if Kerry gets elected, you can kiss your Firearm Rights away. Is that what you want to see happen? Just unbelievable!.

my best friend since 5th grade is leaving for iraq more then likely, hes and mp and i have 3 members of my own family in the military so when all these troops are dying in iraq i would just like to know what there dying for

I think the we are fighting for what we SHOULD have done in the early forties. We should have stomped on Hitler the moment he invaded Poland, but we didn't. Only when Japan showed us how asleep we were did we realize that we were letting a dictator take over the world.

Saddam needed to captured (or killed) just like Hitler did.

Also, look at the people that lived in the Soviet Union under Stalin's rule! Stalin was ruthless and had no problem killing anyone (even his wife!) The same traits exist in Saddam.

This is why we attacked them; and this is why we should support them.

Evil dictators have a great impact on me personaly. Many of my ancestors (Jewish) were put to death by Hitler. Many of my fiancée's family (Ukrainian) were killed by Stalin. This happened, because no one stood up until it was to late; then they were killed.

When I go back to Kirovograd, Ukraine in November; I will look those buildings that were shelled out over 60 years ago (and remain in ruins to this day) and think of the horrors that my family and Tanya's went through.

I will vote for Bush.

As far as how you vote, that is up to you and I will respect your vote, even if it is for no one at all.

Norm http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

When I go back to Kirovograd, Ukraine in November; I will look those buildings that were shelled out over 60 years ago (and remain in ruins to this day) and think of the horrors that my family and Tanya's went through.

I have a pile of photos around here somehwere showing the massive damage. My Grandfather was born in St. Petersburg.

LIONHART,

St. Petersburg was hit hard, and the winters there...BRRRRR!!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

I will meet her grandfather who fought in WW2 at the Battle of Stailingrad. I am really looking forward to meeting him; he's almost 90 years old now! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Norm

Maybe you don't like either candidate..there are things Bush has done that I don't agree with either, but he is by far the better candidate. Don't think of what they have done in the past, but also what they will do in the future; how many Supreme Court justices are going to be appointed in the next four years 2? 3?

There are a lot of things to consider when casting a vote..it is a civic duty and a civic responsibility that we decide what direction we want the country, state, city etc... to go in

hey d-day i have a good answer for you, change the moniker to NON-VOTER..........this way you won't get harped on from anybody to vote!!

wear the t-shirt at the pole's NON-VOTER

like NON-SMOKER.wink!!

and a v.c. flag on the front will get the crowds stirrin!!

and thats what you want controversy right???

have a good year....or whats left of it..take care,ron

DDay,

I understand your feelings and respect your opinion, but I ask you PLEASE to vote. Others in this thread have given some very thoughtful advice. Our right to vote should be treated with much respect (considering what it has cost) and should be exercised regularly.

I personally have a number of complaints about George W. Among them are Iraq. I believe that he and his administration totally botch the post-war planning and execution. I suspect you have similar feelings. I am also a strong environmentalist, and his record there is dismal. There is more, but I will not enumerate here.

So, who am I voting for on November 2nd? George W! Whether you consider him THE man for job or the lesser of two evils, it is still important to exercise your right to vote. To think of John Kerry as President is bone-chilling! You don't have to agree with everything a person stands for to vote for them. Rarely are your choices clear-cut (though George W in 2000 was pretty crystal clear!!).

PLEASE VOTE!

i didnt mean to cause any controversy, if u read the question it asks who everyone is voting for, and it says what ya thinkin. i simply typed what i was thinkin http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

more then likely bush will get my vote

this will be my last post cause im headed north for the weekend (some bird hunting) around luzerne mich, i doubt anyone knows where thats at but i know where some great grouse woods are, and i'll see if i cant flush me a couple

you all enjoy ur weekend

Edited by DDAYJune6