Pushing selector too far trips sear

I noticed recently that when i am dry firing after i clean the rifle sometimes when i push the lever forward all the way as far as it will go will trip the sear. Is this normal? Something tells me it isnt, and that maybe my 9 spring isnt bent enough perhaps? Also id like to add I cannot duplicate this with the stock off it functions properly.

Edited by JohnnyRingo12

Hummmm , never heard of this one . The selector is attached to the cross pin which is part of the rocking bar . When you push too far it could be causing the bar to press up on the disconnector , releasing the sear ??? When the stock is removed , it may allow someting to free up a tad , breathing room so to speak , to allow it to move and not put as much preassure on the disconector . Just a big WAG , but I dont see how the 9-spring could be it .

Chris

Edited by emmagee1917

Hummmm , never heard of this one . The selector is attached to the cross pin which is part of the rocking bar . When you push too far it could be causing the bar to press up on the disconnector , releasing the sear ??? When the stock is removed , it may allow someting to free up a tad , breathing room so to speak , to allow it to move and not put as much preassure on the disconector . Just a big WAG , but I dont see how the 9-spring could be it .

Chris

Okay so I just took a look at it again, took off the top wood it didn't do it, but soon as I put pressure on the barrel it would do it. So I'm guessing maybe the stock? When I bought it the stock was split so I replaced it with a potbelly stock I bought off ebay. Could that have something to do with it?

Yes , the groove that the end of the rocker rests in . I had one where that shelf did not have the groove and it did some weird things , I don't remember what , but I replaced it with one that did and the problems were solved . No other ideas .

Chris

Yes , the groove that the end of the rocker rests in . I had one where that shelf did not have the groove and it did some weird things , I don't remember what , but I replaced it with one that did and the problems were solved . No other ideas .

Chris

I guess it's something that I can live with. if I just flip the selector to auto and let go it doesn't do it, it is when you ride it with your thumb all the way back it fires. But just a simple flick either way and it's good. Maybe a new disconnector and or lever.

Thanks for the help!