Am currently looking at parts kits for my West Hurley, and have seen them at Ohio Ordance

Works, IMA, and Tommy Gunner.com. Prices are ranging from $750 to $1400. Has anyone

had any experience with any of these, or possibly recommend one. I know the ones having

a knurled actuator and Lyman sight are the more expensive ones.

I bought a kit (Select) from IMA. Knurled actuator, finned barrel with cutts, savage parts-bolt etc, paddle selectors, nice wood (non crossbolt butstock), lyman sight ($1250.00). The barrel has some slight pitting behind the cutts, the piece of reciever on the barrel shows no wear on the feed ramp and everything else looks almost unused. I priced out the parts separately and I'm satisified with my purchase.

Uncle Dudley

The kit rom OO was $750 - pretty much sounds the same condition as the IMA super-select kit minus the Lyman adj. sight and knurled actuator. OO sais they dropped the price from $999 to $750 because of the roughness on the outside of the barrel behind the Cutts.

What do you think caused the pitting behind the Cutts on these? Just sitting in the crate?

I just got a good look at a '28 kit from Cole Distributing. This was the high-end excellent kit with finned barrel + knurled actuator. This kit by-far looks to be the best condition kit I have seen. It came with an AO 20-rnd mag, AO frame & parts. The AO lower frame has much better finish than the other S marked frames I have seen (no milling marks). The wood is pristine. Barrel looks brand new. All finish 99%, except actuator which shows a little wear. I'd definitely recommend calling up Cole Dist and having them send you the best kit they've got. I think the exc parts set from Cole is around $750. Edited by machine2k

Check out the kits from Omega Weapons Systems in Arizona. I have seen the 28 kits and they look swell. These are the reimports from Russia that I posted the pics on. Lots of XX mags, too.

The Cole kits sound pretty good but did anyone notice the description of the least expensive kit as "*Re-blued**" They carry on with each step increase in price/condition with "Description same as XYZ, but with good or excellant finned barrel...." I wonder if each kit is in fact re-blued or just the least expensive one? I might just have to call on Monday and ask. Does anyone know?

Chuck

I have a couple of the "re-blued" Cole sets coming. i figured good grief, its a parts kits who cares if reblued-reblued what - the barrel??? So what, not like its the original one anyway. I got 2 kits for the price of a OOW kits which wasn't bad sure not excellant for a grand. I am just looking to maintain the weapon, parts that wear not make it something its not. Now I would like a nice Lyman sight someday though.

Mark

Just took 4-day delivery of a deluxe Cole kit--finned Cutts barrel and knurled actuator. Bright bolt, great wood, even included takedown pin and spring and ejector, plus Lyman-marked L peep sight, from receiver. Foregrip and bolt, actuator, Blish lock and ejector are S-marked. Really great condition for $784 delivered.

My Cole stuff got here also, the finned barrel is primo- how do I tell or where do I look to see if its AO or Savage?

The "re-blued" lower is very nice the wood was a bit poor but I have plenty of that.