Form 4, Check Cashed, Form Lost

huggytree

been over 9 months, so i call yesterday to check status...im told they have no record of my form 4....i figure the lady doesnt know what she is doing, so i call again and get a 2nd lady...same info

my dealer calls...check was cashed 4-19-18....but they cant find the form

anyone else had this before? just curious how these usually end?

been over 9 months, so i call yesterday to check status...im told they have no record of my form 4....i figure the lady doesnt know what she is doing, so i call again and get a 2nd lady...same info

my dealer calls...check was cashed 4-19-18....but they cant find the form

anyone else had this before? just curious how these usually end?

That is just bizarre, so what do you do now? Can you speak to a supervisor as they must have received your form 4 if they cashed your check.

i called the atf myself today to start a research project for them

they found it...dealer wrote the wrong serial #

its a maxim 9 and she wrote down the guns serial #, not the silencers...

it hasnt been assigned to a person yet, so when it is it will come back for correction...

only 1-2 weeks wasted extra....not 9 months...and its a easy mistake when a gun has 2 serial #s

Edited by huggytree

add a week to cash the check

nfa tracker says they are on mid july right now....but july 2018 was the silence co free deal and they claim to have sold 10,000 silencers...so the month of July is gonna take a while...i got one back from mid july, while another from the same week has not hit an inspectors desk

i will say 10 months+

but i think once past july it will drop back down to 6 months slowly

I got a bunch of stamps back this week from last year. The oldest one was the suppressor I purchased 11/27/2017. 520 days from when I purchased it till I got to take it home. Then form 1 and 4 from March, April, and July 2018. They had a few different examiners and signatures on them. All approved this close together and back in my hand the same week. My form 1 efile from the beginning of October is still pending, though. That one's my Thompson waiting to be SBR'd. :D

So yeah, based on the stack I just got back, I wouldn't put too much stock in what NFAtracker and similar sites are saying. The ATF is at the mercy of the FBI background checks which come back whenever the hell they want to. My buddy paper filed around Sept 2018 and already has his stamp back.

add a week to cash the check

nfa tracker says they are on mid july right now....but july 2018 was the silence co free deal and they claim to have sold 10,000 silencers...so the month of July is gonna take a while...i got one back from mid july, while another from the same week has not hit an inspectors desk

i will say 10 months+

but i think once past july it will drop back down to 6 months slowly

Don't forget to count the metric shitload of forms that have been dumped in since October. When the eforms went live, people flooded the system again. Silencershop had bene saving up their forms for months sandbagging them and dumped them all into the system at once. When they did it back in 2016, it was $2M worth of stamps. They did it again in 2018 knowing ahead of time that the form1 would be added to the efile system again so all the ones incoming to their form1 service on the website they held off submitting and then dropped them all into the system at once.

Edited by giantpune