1928 Navy Model Colt Thompson for Sale

I am considering including these very rare original parts as parts as part of the package. 1928 Colt Navy Model butt stock and horizontal fore grip fitted for the Enfield Type swivel. Interested parties please inquire for specifics.

1928 Navy Butt Stock-1.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-2.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-3.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-5.jpg

1928 Navy Butt Stock-7.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-8.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-9.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-11.jpg

1928 Navy Foregrip-1.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-2.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-3.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-4.jpg

1928 Navy Foregrip-5.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-6.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-7.jpg

Chuck i told my friend about it,And almost had him sold on it for the fifty grand, and he gets back to me today and says outstanding gun great piece of History there but for him ten grand too much.I already have showed him one for 35 grand and two more at SAR show {which already sold now}for 40 grand and 45 grand.

There is no way possible to sell to a person who wants one.But has some point factor price in their mind that they should all go for 30 to 35 grand.

I mentioned sell the Pearl Thompson and that old AR-15 conversion for 40 grand and you are almost there.

No sale!

Yeah you can lead some guys to Thompson's.But if the needle is not in deep enough. its not worth any effort anymore.

This year SAR show Will have the wall table spot like last year.not going to bother much with anything i am spent on dealing with it all after almost fifty years.it was always a fun run and days of High Adventure.

Hopefully youngblood will come along Chuck with some cash to spend and do it right.good luck RON

Chuck i told my friend about it,And almost had him sold on it for the fifty grand, and he gets back to me today and says outstanding gun great piece of History there but for him ten grand too much.I already have showed him one for 35 grand and two more at SAR show {which already sold now}for 40 grand and 45 grand.

There is no way possible to sell to a person who wants one.But has some point factor price in their mind that they should all go for 30 to 35 grand.

I mentioned sell the Pearl Thompson and that old AR-15 conversion for 40 grand and you are almost there.

No sale!

Yeah you can lead some guys to Thompson's.But if the needle is not in deep enough. its not worth any effort anymore.

This year SAR show Will have the wall table spot like last year.not going to bother much with anything i am spent on dealing with it all after almost fifty years.it was always a fun run and days of High Adventure.

Hopefully youngblood will come along Chuck with some cash to spend and do it right.good luck RON

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the information. Tell your friend to PM me if he wants to negotiate. I appreciate you spreading the word.

I am considering including these very rare original parts as parts as part of the package. 1928 Colt Navy Model butt stock and horizontal fore grip fitted for the Enfield Type swivel. Interested parties please inquire for specifics.

1928 Navy Butt Stock-1.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-2.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-3.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-5.jpg

1928 Navy Butt Stock-7.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-8.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-9.jpg 1928 Navy Butt Stock-11.jpg

1928 Navy Foregrip-1.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-2.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-3.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-4.jpg

1928 Navy Foregrip-5.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-6.jpg 1928 Navy Foregrip-7.jpg

Is there any repro colt horizontal foregrips lime this for the overstamp, or are all 1928A1 stocks the same as this?

It is called enjoy the money now, Not wait till you are under grass. And others give it away or junk it. and that goes for all good stuff not just Thompsons, And a nice outstanding gun from a well known P.D. town outside Chicago.Chuck a real nice well kept and preserved Piece of History there.Ron

Ron,

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it coming from an old "Chi-Town" Thompson guy like yourself. Lot's of history in Oak Park, especially with the gangsters back in the 1920's and 1930's, not as much as Berwyn and Cicero (would like to get their guns), but some of the old "Outfit" guys lived in Oak Park. Yes, this gun survived surprisingly well.

The automobile that Assistant State's Attorney William McSwiggin was riding in the night of April 27, 1926 was dumped in Oak Park at 835 S. Elmwood Ave. after McSwiggin's body was removed from the scene of the killing at Harry Madigan`s Pony Inn at 5613 W. Roosevelt Rd. in Cicero. McSwiggin was a Cook County Prosecutor that was friendly with the West-Side of Chicago Irish gangsters led by brothers William "Klondike" and Myles O'Donnell. They stopped at a saloon in Cicero one evening that had just stopped selling beer supplied by the Capone Organization and were machine-gunned as they stepped from the car to enter the saloon. Capone was suspected of actually wielding the Thmpson in this shooting. McSwiggin and two other West-Side gangsters were killed. McSwiggins body was removed form the scene before police arrival and his body was dumped in Berwyn. The car was abandoned in Oak Park and was discovered the following morning full of bullet holes.

Car abandoned in front of 835 S. Elmwood Ave. Chicago Police Chief of Detective's John Stege at the scene. Another view of abandoned auto

attachicon.gif McSwiggin Car-835 S Elmwood, Oak Park 1926(1).jpg attachicon.gif Captain Stege at McSwiggin Car-835 S. Elmwood, Oak Park(1).jpg attachicon.gif McSwiggin Car-835 S. Elmwood,Oak Park 1926.jpg

835 S. Elmwood Ave. as it looked in 2005. Composite before and after photo.

attachicon.gif 835 S. Elmwood Today RGB.jpg attachicon.gif 835 S. Elmwood Before and After.jpg

That is today's Chicago Gangster History Lesson. Further information for interested parties can be found at the following link:

http://chicagocrimescenes.blogspot.com/2008/09/pony-inn.html

Thanks for posting. My great grandfather was a Chicago cop in the 1880s

Very very nice gun.

IMO a small premium to pay for a huge bump in quality and rarity over the sea of "shooters".

The Thompson market is so very weird to me.

If this were a Singer 1911 in this condition it would command a crazy premium over a "shooter". Thus a hundred grand gun.

Here its only a few percents.

With military guts this could even be a shooter not just the museum piece that it appears to be.

EDIT; Some reference was made to pitting inside the barrel and internals.

Is all OK there ?

Edited by lightguy

Dave,

Everything is perfect. colt21a and I were making reference to two neighboring communities Thompson Guns in the Chicago Suburban area, Berwyn and Cicero, Illinois, Police Departments. colt21a made reference to the fact that he believed the Cicero PD gun had some barrel and internal pitting. He was not referring to the gun I am selling.

By the way, thank you for your kind description of the Oak Park gun. The asking price is where it is because the drum, XX magazines and hard case are original to this gun and it can be verified. I believe that is worth a premium. We'll see if potential buyers feel the same way.

If this post gets brought up in 2032 that the hardcase was not right or paperwork was made up or the dept never owned two Thompsons because of gun laws we are beyond help ha ha.

You have to worry about that now everything is in question even the TRUTH.

And as more books may get written. We might have all lived a Lie.

Oh the sarcasm or jokes run deep.

Ron

and was Colt21a in another dimension.

• 4 weeks later...

Chuck when you get paid get a Chicago Dog with mustard and dark green relish..And a bag of Jays chips and enjoy with a cold Pepsi.. And remember when you saw the first Thompson.Good show Ron

Thanks for the good wishes guys. colt21a, the Pepsi sounds good with the Chicago hot dog, I haven't had one for awhile, I think I will take you up on that.