M3/m3a1 Or Valkyre (semi) Extractor......(?).

A little off-topic, but does anyone have a photo that they can "post" (or e-mail me) of a .45 ACP Valkyre (?-spelling) semi-only "Extractor" (?).

I received a spare round-extractor in some spare-parts, that is about the same length as a standard M3/M3A1 extractor, but has a squared-cut at a slightly different angle on the extractor.

I don't need this extractor (and my camera won't allow me to take a close enough photo to "post" to determine what it is), but I would like to find out what it is, and then sell/trade it to someone who can use it.

If someone can post a photo of a Valkyre semi-only extractor.....it would help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, RichardS in MI.

Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net

Hey Blanksguy!

The Valkyrie semi-M-3 uses the same extractor that the US Army M-3 Grease-guns used.

I broke mine, and replaced it with an original WWII era govt.issue M-3 extractor......

Until I found an original extractor, I cut and adapted the broken one to work, sort of what the 'VC' would have done in the rice patties in Viet Nam. It worked!......till I got the replacement. :) Chu Hoi!

Edited by junglewalk

• 3 weeks later...

I changed the broken extractor out of a buddy's Valkyrie semi greaser. I used a GI unit, and I had to file or grind something to make it fit. It was few years ago, so I can't remember exactly what had to be fitted, but it didn't take more than a minute. I feel that the guns should have a relief milled/cut next to the chamber area, so that the extractor doesn't hit the steel face every time the bolt closes. The semi's seem to be famous for breaking extractors...

hth

DanG

• 12 years later...