WTK / Question: Numrich Fiber Cushion - For Buffer Assembly

Morning Everybody,

Thanks in advance. While looking for some spare parts for my C&R USGI M-1 Thompson, I came across this little item. Any experience, yea I know it is Numrich - "Let the Buyer Beware"/

Numrich - Fiber Cushion - For Buffer Assembly (under the M-1 Thompson parts listing)

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1464990

Questions:

1. My assumption this is to replace the cushion in the 70 year old buffer on a M-1? Need to split the original and replace.

2. how do you do that, I know cut it appart, but do you need to replace the rivets and with what type of metal?

3. Do you really need to do this? What are the stress factors? I run my Thompson with new wolf buffer rod springs.

I have see the round 1928 neoprene buffers for the 1928 and colts; but never any for M-1.

Thoughts? Worry about replacing or not? Anybody, besides Numrich doing this for the M-1.

Lastly, Anybody got a sling swivel and screws they would like to part with?

Last questions, missing a Sear Lever, Trip, Pivot Plate, and Disconnector from my spare parts bag for the Thompson. How crucial are these spares? Are they drying up fast, or worth buying? (Note I have a full spare lower, so this would provide me with a 2nd of each.

Thanks in advance

Paul