Type 14 Pistol - Matched Magazines or Not?

I own a Type 14 pistol and tried really hard to make sure that it had matching magazines. Once I got it, someone told me that the magazines never actually matched, and someone back in the day matched a ton of them to the guns. This sounded far fetched to me, but a lot can happen to 70-90 years. I know you all know your stuff much more than I do, and may have even known the guy who did this if this story is true. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Each T-14 pistol was produced and delivered with two matching magazines. This was the case throughout production. Mismatched magazines from the factory is just another popular seller's fiction.

• 9 months later...

Magazines for the Type-14 have 8 different variations. Not only did they match the pistol by arsenal/factory manufacturer, but by last three digits of the serial number and finally the inspection marks found on both the pistol frame and magazine. Depending on the date code of the pistol and variations some do not even fit properly. You can have one that matches by the numbers but if the variation is wrong or if the inspection marks are wrong it is referred to as a force match and should not be considered matching to the pistol.