Take That John T, Eickhoff, Payne & Wwii Allies!

Posted By: Ted in Tallahassee

mg-34@earthlink.net

Date: 1/16/06 02:00

In Response To: (Arthur Fliegenheimer)

"ALL Thompsons suck. An overly complicated and inefficient, heavy design, stupidly expensive and time consuming to produce, and offers little redeeming qualities in any category, even that of aesthetics. It's a big, blocky clunker of a design that was obsolescent from the outset.

Quibbling about which manufacturer made the "best" one is a fool's debate. It's like trying to decide which is better--a turd laid by a mongrel or one laid by an AKC registered beagle.

A turd is a turd.

One man's opinion--of equal value to any other's. "

Ted

QUOTE (Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner @ Jan 16 2006, 01:21 PM)
Arty, How did you managed to post that at 1:13 if Ted posted it at 02:00. Or I guess that was 02:00 and not 14:00? Where did the troll post it?

Magic! Actually, this Yahoo posted on the Subguns.com board at 2am Monday. He pulled an all nighter composing his masterpiece of Mephisto manure.

To critisize the Thompson, in form and function,a weapon chosen by the finest warriors in our history only displays this assholes` total lack of firearm knowledge and heritage.Arthur,you must have really upset him to make him piss in the wind... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/slap.gif

Come on guys ARTY does all he can to get under peoples skin. It's his #1 ambition in life. To call Ted an asshole you must not visit the boards often. Arty has his opinion and others have theirs. The US. Goverment did replace it with a piece of tin. And I think that was the point Ted was making.

I love my "replicas" but the long winded crap that ARTY spreads is intolerable to some including me. So those of you that feel a need to suck up to ARTY go ahead. I feel that bringing a post from another board here is an example of his pompas attitude that he will take to his grave. ARTY won't change and as long as others on this board have their lips planted on his backside nothing will change.

BILL OUT

BILL "WAY" OUT,

You must be Tallahassee Ted's long lost father. I'm sure he appreciates your gesture of support.

You have been on this board over a year and you have come to the conclusion that board members are falling all over themselves to kiss my ass? I am the most reviled, not revered, member on this board, since Hardrede left the stage.

Whom ever posted their opinions on Ted were not supporting me, but rather supporting their TSMG's.

Speaking of intolerance, have a word with your pal Ted about his posted comments on Subguns about people who are of a different faith than himself.

Ted's inept attempt at making, what you conclude, was a point about the TSMG being replaced by the Grease Gun, is the least of his character flaws.

Since Ted isn't shy about his entitled opinions, whether they be informed or not, how is posting his inane comments here, where they can do the most good, be considered an act of pomposity?

As far as being "long winded," I may be perceived to be the board's distributer of fertilizer, but I do strive for brevity.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/woot.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/woot.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/woot.gif

I have read Teds posts on other boards for years and he has had articles in small arms review. He does throw out his opinion on things a lot which he is entitled to do. He usually does not totally slam an issue like this so someone must have really pissed him off. Just my opinion. Ted knows a LOT about many different firearms both old and new and is not afraid to share his opinion on it. Nothing wrong with that. Just my opinion. Roland

Yes he has. I cant remember all off the top of my head, but one was about the russian pps43 I think. I think he had another article on something else. He is a very knowlegdable guy and I agree with most of his comments on the subguns board. Roland

This is an atrocity! Somebody else disagrees with twice banned AF. What an epiphany!

PLEASE....It would take AF to start a thread about an argument with somebody from another board. Take this shit back over to the Bowers board and leave it there.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif

JJ,

Twice banned? That was only in Boston. If you had taken a moment from your usual priapic response to all things AF, you might actually read Tallahassee Ted's musings. His disdain for the TSMG stands by itself. Since you sympathize with Ted's post, that can only be described as antithetical to TSMG owners, you must be developing another virulent neurosis.

Hi John Jr, Arthur, Phil and all of you guys,

It seems the more things change on this board and in the TSMG world, the more they stay the same, and I love it. Another fine, interesting, provocative and entertaining thread, and just one more reason for me to frequent this board more often. I truly have been very busy, but as I promised in my last post, I'll try to be more regular. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/popcorn.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/woot.gif

Regards to all,

Walter

Before I had to move here (Kalifornia) I was really into Thompsons and collecting the accessories and shooting the guns themselves. I owned 3 Tommies and fired maybe 10,000 rounds through them. I also owned a bunch of other fun stuff, including a Reising, a Madsen M50, a S&W 76, a Smith clone, a PAWS ZX5 (Sterling copy), a 1919A1, a 8 inch barreled G3, a couple of UZI's, a Ruger, a MAC 10, and, I don't know, a few more auto guns that I have forgotten at the moment. I never had a range session with a Thompson where the gun DIDN'T fail me and I never had a session with the Madsen or the Smith where they DID fail. In short, the Thompsons just didn't work reliably (even with new springs) and were so damn heavy that my arms were tired after 300-400 rounds; the Madsen or Smith, in contrast, was good for 1,000 round sessions without fatigue. On the other hand, I'll take the oldest, most pitted, nastiest, reweld TSMG ever aborted over the coolest alternative sub gun...because I just love the damn things. Don't we all?

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jan 17 2006, 02:50 PM)
JJ,
Twice banned? That was only in Boston. If you had taken a moment from your usual priapic response to all things AF, you might actually read Tallahassee Ted's musings. His disdain for the TSMG stands by itself. Since you sympathize with Ted's post, that can only be described as antithetical to TSMG owners, you must be developing another virulent neurosis.

You're banned at Subguns.com

Try posting.

Don't talk smack about Ted here where he can't see you. At least have the balls to confront him in a forum where he can retort.

Arty,

I know of 1 article he wrote or co-wrote for SAR. It was about LRM suppressors. I think it was last year.

Ted doesn't usually attack other's guns, so you must have gotten under his skin.

Even though there are at least 5 other subguns I would choose over any Thompson in a fight, none of them has the coolness factor of the Tommy.

Remo:

There are others that have tried to use logic with Art but clearly nothing anyone says makes sense to him since he's in denial.

A very quick search turns up a dozen other threads where this elitist attempts to prove how holier than thou he is and how posters on this board and others respond with distain.

Nobody just "gets banned" for no reason, especially on Subguns. As is obvious, the guy is simply a bit of a antagonist & has been written off as such. Notice how quickly my suggestion to stop being a coward was met with him making a pathetic stab at my name of all things. Grow the fuck up ya Dutch Schultz wannabe.

Edited by GonePostal

GP,

While others on this board have remarked on the negative connotations of your gunboard moniker, it is your privilege to use any name. Too bad you do not extend the same freedom of expression to others.

Does the following quote look familiar to you?

I see postings all the time on the Thompson board from ivory tower elitists looking down their noses at WH thompsons. Screw that noise .
GP

Essentially, an "elitists," as defined by you, is anyone who characterizes a WH as a repro/replica, or criticizes their shortcomings, and, therefore, meets the criteria for exclusion from Subguns.

Since I see numerous posts on Subguns regarding complaints about the WH, you will be busy in your snitch capacity getting others banned.

Posted By: BrianG

Subguns

Date: 1/19/06 18:30

Good point about ignoring snobs, but the WH Thompson isn't very well made.
I used to own a Colt made 21, that one would eat just about any ammo (except
S&B), this includes cheapie lead round nose reloads. The wood was finely crafted
& the sight was usable to get hits out to 100 yards.
The WH only digests FMJ, the wood looks like it was sawed out of a plank &
the sight aperture falls down after a few rounds. It's OK, I can make do, but
an improvement would be nice.
I suppose I could fix up the WH for better performance, but that might be only
a partial solution. Using one of these parts kits might be a complete solution.
I might buy a parts kit just to have, I've never seen these so nice before.
Thanks,"
BrianG

Yet, the irony is that Tallahassee Ted's comments, and even Brian G's, make my WH replica appellation pale in comparison. By the non-specified Subgun regs, Ted and Brian G over qualify for excommunication from that board for their own indelicate remarks?

Also, how would you know if I were banned from Subguns? Did Bowers inform you of this personally?

Arthur:

I have no respect for any kind of gun snob as it's right up there in my book with the kind of Elmer Fudd mentality that keeps firearm owners from truly organizing against tyranny and no doubt will be the eventual downfall of us all. FOPA proved that quite nicely as the rest of the 2nd Amendment advocates threw machinegun owners under the figurative bus in compromise.

I could go into detail about how negative it is to choose some Jewish gangster's name because of how violent he was and how much that could "cost" us all in bad PR but truthfully, I don't give a flying fuck what "name" you, me or anyone else for that matters chooses to use on the Internet. Arguing that is retarded.

As for your banning, it goes back several months. You only were allowed to post recently by dumb luck and chance because of a mixup in IPs. Needless to say it won't happen again. Don't like that? Make your appeal to Tom or Jay or someone who can change things for you but make no mistake, it's not going to happen unless your attitude changes a little.

I am not connected with any management of that or any other board, just happen to know certain people who informed me of the facts concerning your visits there and the resulting actions taken against you. Needless to say, this alone says alot about you in general.

Now go ahead and think up some witty articulate response and don't forget to throw in a personal jab or two while you're at it.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

now if you two guy's can use all this energy to get my $5,000.00 back from tom charron in ct.from who i got ripped off on a deal on bower's board. i will really be happy. maybe a articulate e-mail,or a visit from gone postal or arthur with a 21 m.g.c.replica.wink!! take care,be safe.ron

I am not connected with any management of that or any other board, just happen to know certain people who informed me of the facts concerning your visits there and the resulting actions taken against you. Needless to say, this alone says alot about you in general.
GP

You make Sen. Joe McCarthy sound like an ACLU lawyer. "Facts" concerning my visits to Subguns? What are you talking about? "Just happen to know certain people?" Do these furtive folks share your "Elmer Fudd" idiosyncrasies?

I could go into detail about how negative it is to choose some Jewish gangster's name because of how violent he was and how much that could "cost" us all in bad PR but truthfully, I don't give a flying fuck what "name" you, me or anyone else for that matters chooses to use on the Internet. Arguing that is retarded

Could not the above comment be construed as an argument? And by your own characterization about engaging in such arguments makes you......

At any rate, I was referring to your moratorium on the adjectives "replica/repro." Only "elitists snobs" would deign to tarnish the entire firearm community by using them to describe a WH. Wow!

Using the 2nd Amendment as a straw man to silence firearm enthusiasts from quoting noted TSMG authors such as Cox, Helmer, Richardson, and Herigstadt, is not only antithetical in a Democracy, but it is a sure sign of paranoid schizophrenia disorder. Better cut back on your Ecstasy dosage.

Ronald,

Apparently, Bowers is more concerned with political correctness and addressing imaginary infractions on posting etiquette than following up on actual scamers that post ads on his board.

at least my comments on the board stopped him from posting his thompson item's he had for sale,i can't stand dealing fair and honest with anybody and you can't be treated the same way...it's really turned me off in the past few year's in class three bizz.........take care,ron