Kahr Drums

Received the latest issue of Shotgun News today. Page 80 features a new Kahr Ad.

"Now selling New 50 Rd. Drum Magazines!! MSRP: $284.00

Designed to fit Thompson Semi-Auto models made by Kahr Arms. Karh Amrs cannot guarantee proper fitting in full-auto and semi-auto Thompsons produced by others."

I finally had a look at one (a new Kahr drum) last weekend. Didn't get to shoot it, but my buddy says its works flawlessly in the post sample 28, never had a single failure to feed. I noticed the metal was a thinner and lighter, the lid flexed very easy. Just felt cheap in my hands.

I don't know if you have a Hastings video chain in your area - they take a video that someone brings back with the complaint it will not work and mark the package with a small dot - after it has 3 dots they toss the video.

I wonder if Kahr will wait until they sell the same drum three times before they toss them. I think we will see the drums go down in price as they are returned first to the gun store then the jobbers. Crap will always be crap. Those that feel they got a good deal because their drum works are just fooling them self - the drum is junk - the spings will break but most just want something to show not shoot anyway. Will they last 500 rounds, a 1000 rounds?

"Drums Along the Knob Creek", Bring all those drums & yer Thompsons to KCR's shoot, and blast your way thru the Jungle Walk course.....If your drum won't work, toss them in the creek, so charlie can fish them out later, & make a mine out of them.....Being under pressure is a good way to test equipment..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif ..............jw

If you don't like them.... you can always just give them to me..... I won't complain. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif