Who Had The Federal Labs Case F/s?

cntrailrider

Howy Folks - New kid here. Have my first Reising (50) coming in a few months. Excited would be an understatement.

It has a broken rib on the compensator, which helped me to afford it, and from what I've read here, is quite common.

About 30 minutes after I "sealed the deal" on that one, I found another EVEN NICER ONE with THREE mags, and for the same price wound up buying that one too....

I'd like to find whoever it was that had a Federal Labs case for sale on the old msg. board. I clicked on the link to gunbroker.com but the ad apparently timed out after running the max allowed duration.

By the way, this is the first msg board I've ever signed onto. So I'm REALLY new - looking over all the shared info you folks have posted blew me away.

Glad to be here

Steve in El Paso

Congratulations on your new purchases, I'm sure you'll love them! As for the Federal Labs Hardcases, you might want to check on www.sturmgewehr.com as there is usually someone from time to time who has one on there for sale. Good luck and enjoy!!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I also found a source for compensators, thanks to this board. Mr. Paul Hayes in Cincinatti. He has them in parked & in blue. We had a long and interesting chat by phone, on how to replace one.

First, you don't merely unscrew the old one. You'll ruin the threads on the end of the barrel.

He explained that the hole in the bottom of the compensator was drilled, then PUNCHED to "lock" it on - sort've messing up the threads - a 'lock-tite' solution. To get it off, one must first drill out the hole a slight bit larger, to re-produce clean, sharp, usuable threads. Then CAREFULLY, using a (LARGE drill or mill type) chuck to evenly hold the compensator (in a vise), twist off the barrel until the threads break loose. He said "You'll hear it crack!" and to be CAREFUL when gripping the reciever, so as not to break the (brazed) lugs loose. Use long metal bars or wood blocks to evenly distribute the "twist-load" across all four lugs.

Anyway, it was a long, enjoyable and informative discussion.

By the way - his cost for a new compensator is $50.

Safe shooting

Steve

• 3 weeks later...