Warning Scam Seller

you just needed more patience grasshopper

ive got a nazi pistol bakelite grip coming from Poland....i was told 2 weeks and were there right now...the tracking # i have for USPS wont give me any updates....i sit back and trust as the seller has 1000+ auctions...why would he suddenly choose to screw me?....

the most impatient person(me) is telling you to get more patience....

Oh I have patience, but when it takes 10 days to just put it in the mail, not return emails, my patiences grows short.

Yeah, I've had where I've bought something from Europe (France or England, can't remember) and there was no shipment updates, after a week I contacted him and it turned out he had been in the hospital and just got out. Great guy to talk too. Not everyone is out to get you, but it does pay to be wary of scam sellers. Patience is key, and eBay and or PayPal are usually pretty good at going after bad sellers.

Andrew

Yeah, I've had where I've bought something from Europe (France or England, can't remember) and there was no shipment updates, after a week I contacted him and it turned out he had been in the hospital and just got out. Great guy to talk too. Not everyone is out to get you, but it does pay to be wary of scam sellers. Patience is key, and eBay and or PayPal are usually pretty good at going after bad sellers.

Andrew

except for that guy in Italy, huh.

I often buy from overseas, in my case USA and I can track some shipments until they leave the USA, but once they are crossing the Atlantic the shipping details are often not available. I may have been lucky, but over the years, everything has arrived safe and sound.

On occasions I have been anxious for the delivery for example when I paid a kings ransom for the Nov-Dec 1920 issue of Army Ordnance magazine, which featured the M1919 Thompson gun in the article with a very early Auto Ordnance advert, and also for the 3rd Edition of the Model of 1921 AOC handbook, dated May 1926 and not to forget the odd rarer versions of Thompson magazines that I bought from US based sellers,, but as I said, so far everything has arrived.

​Stay safe

Richard

Edited by rpbcps

Hi guys,

I do not know this seller, but I'm in France too !

When i buy, it could take less a week to came from the US, but last month I receive a registered letter after 5 weeks !

That is the same when I ship something to the US, could be 5 days or a month !

Some French tracking numbers could have time to update from us to you. If you want to PM me the tracking, I can try to find the explication,

If the number on your envelop is correct, it could be tracked.

Anyway you receive the oiler, so good end !

But if you did opened a claim and have a refund from paypal, the seller will not recover his money.

hope that can help

Edited by paulsavoy

Hi guys,

I do not know this seller, but I'm in France too !

When i buy, it could take less a week to came from the US, but last month I receive a registered letter after 5 weeks !

That is the same when I ship something to the US, could be 5 days or a month !

Some French tracking numbers could have time to update from us to you. If you want to PM me the tracking, I can try to find the explication,

If the number on your envelop is correct, it could be tracked.

Anyway you receive the oiler, so good end !

But if you did opened a claim and have a refund from paypal, the seller will not recover his money.

hope that can help

That helps a lot Paul, thanks

Tracking results from Russian and Ukraine seems to be fairly consistent. The majority of screwups with shipments coming from those two countries occur at the Memphis sorting facility. A package may only take five or six days to reach Memphis from the other side of the world but may take another week to make the final 75 miles to my location.

Tracking on a package shipped to me today from Russia shows it accepted by the post office and arriving at the customs office.

Other countries tracking has been hit or miss, depending on the level of service selected by the shipper.

So the guy is NOT a scam seller"

Bob

I said "possible". But, if he had put Greece instead of France in the description, I would not of bought it, due to political conditions in that country.

This may be the same seller I dealt with several years ago when restoring a BAR. Listed his location on GunBroker as France but was actually in Greece. Never had a problem with delivery and the parts were all in exceptional condition.

I remembered I had some problems with a few other packages that were kind of different. Thanks to tracking they kept me apprise of their locations.

One was shipped from New York and was suppose to come to Los Angeles, but it travel the entire East Coast for approx 2 weeks, until it head here.

Another one was headed by ground from Maryland, but , was "delayed by Trail derailment". Took 10 days to get here and the package was fine.

Seems that some dealer think that people could have more confidence if item is in France, UK, or Germany than in Greece or Russia !

same for vintage toys items/pats : "item location UK", and in the description "item shipped from Hong Kong" !

but the tracking will not lie : the 2 last letters will show the real country (FR, UK, DE, GR, RU, HK).

Seems that some dealer think that people could have more confidence if item is in France, UK, or Germany than in Greece or Russia !

same for vintage toys items/pats : "item location UK", and in the description "item shipped from Hong Kong" !

but the tracking will not lie : the 2 last letters will show the real country (FR, UK, DE, GR, RU, HK).

I know I do, and I can't tell you why, maybe it was the civil unrest we say on the nightly news.

I dealt with a guy in Greece, and he could get parts Garand parts here in less than 2 weeks, was really fast and great communication.

I have noticed those variable shipping addresses, I tend to stay away from them

Overseas postage is not as fast as UK or UK postage.....

I'd not panic until at least 25 business days..not calendar days.

Many countries do not offer Saturday postal services and then do not ship local mail to a central depot everyday.

Also, the guys first language might not be English.

I've had packages take 3 to 4 months from some places overseas.

When you get the item, check the date it was posted on the package.

I just got one what was mailed in October of 2017.

Overseas postage is not as fast as UK or UK postage.....

I'd not panic until at least 25 business days..not calendar days.

Many countries do not offer Saturday postal services and then do not ship local mail to a central depot everyday.

Also, the guys first language might not be English.

I've had packages take 3 to 4 months from some places overseas.

When you get the item, check the date it was posted on the package.

I just got one what was mailed in October of 2017.

"the guys first language might not be English" maybe not, his last name is Gonzales. "I don't know why I find the funny, but just hit me that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a pair (1928 and M1)

shipped in one day, receive in one week.

oilers are in very nice condition, bubble envelop was with tracking from Greece, and he did refund the extra shipping cost.

I will say this seller is very correct and serious, I recommend if you can wait the overseas uncertain delay.

Ordered a pair (1928 and M1)

shipped in one day, receive in one week.

oilers are in very nice condition, bubble envelop was with tracking from Greece, and he did refund the extra shipping cost.

I will say this seller is very correct and serious, I recommend if you can wait the overseas uncertain delay.

I was happy with the one that was finally sent, however it did take some cleaning. Bought one from Liberty Tree collectors, for $14.00 + priority shipping for a total of 21.00, the other total was 17.00 from Greece. I was happy with both and kept both.