What Is My 1927 A1 - Sa Worth?

I have a Thompson 1927 A1 SA for sale and I wanted a sanity check on my selling price. I have it posted on Gunsamerica and this is the link...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976407498.htm

Or, If there is anything I need to add to my description that would help me out selling it I would appreciate the advice. Thanks to all for the great info posted on this board!

Yes it is a West Hurley. It was made in '86. Aren't the new crappy AO's that have function problems going for around $850 and "L" drums in excellent condition that run great going for at least $600? Does the AO have a removable stock? How much for 6-30 round stick mags that work great? How much for the violin case? Based on the above info I thought I was in the ball park of a good starting price? My gun runs great! The drum has only been used 3 times ever. Why $1500? Thanks for your thoughts...

I'm new to this but have been doing a lot of shopping lately.... Overpaid on some things under on others.... I just bought a WH, later production than yours, for $750 w/4 mags... Also just purchased a WH A5 with drum mag, stick mag, violin case for $1,500.... Your drum mag is worth as much as the gun it seems... At the gun show in Reno they were "asking" $1,100 for just the drums and most set ups like yours had "asking" prices of over 2K, WH or Khjar(sp/).... The only Thompson I saw leave the tables was the one I bought.... Take my info with a grain of salt as I'm only into this for a couple of months....

Blaine

aka Z3BigDaddy

I bought the gun in 1994 from a dealer and it had the removable stock already on it. I cannot tell if it was factory or an aftermarket kit. I know one thing for sure, I will not sell this package for less than 2K! I will just keep it in my collection if it does not sell.

If you break down the components it might be:

$750 for gun, maybe another $100 for stock slide/ buttstock (this was not done by the factory)

$60 for the XXX mags

$300 for the West Hurley Drum

The case is a give away.

Total $1210

If you advertise for $1500, you have room to negotiate. Back in 1994, you couldn't have paid more than $750 to the dealer for the set?

The true value of a gun is a pretty simple formula... "What a willing buyer will pay a willing seller." Learned that line in the 70's when I used do the the gun show thing behind the table.... If 2K is your willing seller line, then you need the willing buyer at the same price..... To me the price doesn't seem that high, but once again I'm new to the whole scene here.... Leave it at 2.5K and maybe someone will come in with the 2K offer..... Might want to try auctionarms.com and start it out at 100 bucks w/2K reserve... Don't let the drum mag go separate as that is your strongest selling point.....

Auto-Ordance offered a Steel Plate where one could mount a Detachable Stock. However, the Frame needed a modification for this. The Plate cost $15.00 and is still available from Numrich. Depending on the Buttstock, it's value is anywhere from $60.00 (If it's a WH with Casted Metal) to $150.00 if it's all WW2 Production Hardware. I would put the value on your Gun with the Stock at $800.00. 30Rd Magazines sell at $10.00 to $15.00 unmodified. Looking at your Pics, I would put your Mags at $15.00 for a total of $90.00.

Your Violin Case being used has a value of $70.00, and your Drum at $610.00. Total amount for your items $1570.00 No more, No less. Look in Shotgun News for extra 30Rd Magazines. You say you will not sell for less than 2K. Since many folks know what these Guns are selling for, and the current cost on the new ones, it appears to me that your going to end up keeping it. Your price is way too high. As far as West Hurley Drum Values, and the prices they sell for, take a look on Sturmgewehr, or Auction Arms. There was an individual on Auction Arms a few months back selling them NIB for $610.00. I have seen them go for around $500.00 to no more than $610.00.

I would have to agree with the above posters. I have the exact same setup you have with the exception of two more mags. As a dealer here in Reno, NV the seling price would be $1500.00. You might get more or less depending on where you live. Supply and demand dictate prices.

JIMF5

You can find XXX mags at gun shows and sometimes on evilBay for $8-$10 each.I bought a box at the last show here in Indy for $10 each. Just have to check things before you buy. And Yes the set up should run about $1200-$1500 for a semi w/drum and few mags. I passed on one for $1100 at last show in Indy. It was a early WH gun with 3 digit #. That would have put it around 1975 or '76.