5 Thompsons

Is $25K too much? This set may not appeal to most of us who are shooters and historically minded. But for collectors who like NIB and consecutive or matching SN's there is added value here. If a decent 1928 WH is going now for $8k, then a NIB might be $10K and a similar 1928-A2 at $6 to $7K might have a market value of $8k when NIB for a total of $18,000.

With new Kahr 1927-A1's at $900, how much is a WH worth - $1200? The 1927A-3 and A-5 are no longer made and are therefore collectible, especially NIB, so $1200 and $1500?

So far we have a total of $21,900. So to reach the $25K figure the accessories and identical serial numbers are worth $3100. Are there Tommyphiles (like pedophile, Leicaphile http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif ) who see that level of value? One set has already sold, supposedly for a similar figure.

This set does not appeal to me at this price level either and my reaction also is to cut the price by 1/3. I'd like to see how others would price out the various pieces. What value would you put on the identical serial numbers?

I saw a as close to new as possible WH at Louisville on Saturday. It I would say was unfired. No brass marks or blueing scuffed on top. Great wood and the # was in the 2000 range. Guy had it and a hard case I could have walked with it for $850 cash. It was tempting but I just couldn't go semi. I know I could have made money one it, but I had to bite the bullet so to speak, and say thanks.

As far as having sold one set. He has had this set listed for about 3-4 years now, at least. Same serial number of 107x. I doubt seriously he has sold one of these. If he really did, I would like to slap the buyer, "Wake up stupid!!"

Where would this guy be getting replacement sets of these WH's anyway? Is he George Numrich? Does an added value for consecutive serial numbers even apply to WH guns made in the 1980's? Everytime a seller gets their back up when someone challenges their high prices, they always employ the standard GP answer, "I already sold an identical collection (gun) for the same amount to another buyer."