Model 6 Extractors - How many styles?

Hi All,

Just some information that I've learned about the Ingram Model 6. It seems there were at least 2 extractor designs on this firearm. In the attached photo, the one that looks more like a pork chop (bottom of the picture) appears to be an early design. I've found these on the S/N range 15X guns. I don't know when the second design began but a it can be seen in the top of the attached photo.

Anyone have an idea when the change happened? In the M6 exploded diagram in the M6 sticky post, it appears to have the later extractor.

Just something to think about when you are searching for parts.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

M6_ext_comp.JPG

Here's shout-out for "grasshopper" who very graciously made me some extractors for a couple of registered DEWAT M6s I am reactivating. The bolts for the guns I have are set up for the extractor with the tail which is activated by the spring. The first batch did not have the tail so I sent him a pic of the extractor I needed and he generously made me four copies of that one at his expense.

The serial of both these guns are below 1200 but the bolts are not original to the guns so it would be interesting to know about when the change took place.

Again, thanks to grasshopper for his generosity.

• 9 months later...