Knob Creek Report

Noted the same "prototype" C drum at I believe Lomont's table asking $10k or offer with a note it will be sold at this creek.

Met Greg Fox again swapping some information.

Dennis Todd's table had two very nice Colt's a 1921AC for $27.5k AND a US Navy for $25k, nice GULP.

At another table a couple of refinished Colt's the same ones that have been there for the last two visits at least for $17K each one a 1921AC and one a 1921/28 overstamp.

Galatti had his same usual fair of Colt items, as well as IMA with his 1927 Colt lower and a few other Colt items.

My focus was Colt Thompson guns and parts so sorry I did not make note of the multitude of non-Colt stuff.

Too tired to get into any more detail right now, there were a couple other Colt TSMG's there one sold and another for sale but I am not going to dig the notes out right now.

Saw one Colt that looked like the guy drug it to the show and it was sold for $18.5 he said. No bluing what so ever, wood was very poor and not original. The colors on the wood didn't even match. And had pitting.

Mike,

I guess the sad part is that even at gun shows, a shitty conditioned Colt under $20K still looks appealing to some when confronted with paying $27K for a nice example. Maybe if more collectors, who have 20+ prime conditioned TSMGs' decorating their safes, would be obliged to sell a bunch and increase circulation, the public wouldn't be faced with such slim pickings.

Sig,

Sorry I missed you. I was there all 3 days. It looks like IMA is running low on the 1928 parts kits. The quality is slipping, but is still excellent- like new if you hand select. Hand selecting was actually encouraged by the owner. Northridge had NIW 30 rd TSMG mags for $15-30 each depending on quantity. Dennis Todd bought an armload full. There were a lot of MP40 mags for $25-45 each, even the harder to get manufacturers. I found 3 ayf 41s to match my gun, one is even a smooth side. One Navy 28 actuator was for sale.

Carey