M2 Legal to Own?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 sapperboom

sapperboom

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

There was so many different answers to this issue. An overwhelming amount of "do this" and "it's not a MG" and "you have nothing to worry about" vs. the other half saying "get rid of it" or "why are you even talking about it". We knew it was a MG from the beginning. We read the BATFE's regs regarding the M2 long before we started asking on different forums. We wanted to see if the weapon could be transfered to someone that was allowed to own it.

This forum was the most beneficial and gave the best opinions, we were surprised to see the amount of basically wrong and illegal answers. I do not know much about owning a class 3 but I knew the basics, and some of these firearms forums are going to get you in trouble.

#22 sapperboom

sapperboom

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

Not this one BTW, all of the responses were aligned with the regs, which led to the destroying of the receiver. I wanted it to go to a historical society, but it was not mine to make that decision. Ultimately, we feel it was the safest route and the easiest. BATFE was not polite when it was mentioned.

#23 ron_brock

ron_brock

Respected Member

• 1858 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:19 AM

Yes, you found the right place to ask. The difference is that this board is full of actual machinegun owners, collector, dealers, etc. You can get real data here instead of gun show opinions you get on other forums. 95% of gun enthusiasts know nothing about our niche area.

Ron

#24 Sandman1957

Sandman1957

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1130 posts
  • Interests:Submachinegun NFA collecting
    History
    Scuba Diving
    Hunting

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

Sapperboom, thanks for closing the loop on this.  

Cheers

Sandman1957