Confused About User Feedback On The Kahr / Thompson M1

When I bought mine, I had heard the horror stories too. S I took it home, took the springs out, slathered on some lapping compound and ran the bolt back and forth several hundred times. Cleaned thoroughly, re-assembled and it has run perfectly with several hundred rounds through it so far with out malfunction.

Damn brother! When you clean YOU CLEAN! :rolleyes:

Yup, I just sat down while watching a movie. My wife gave me "the look" but she is used to me by now...... :blink:

Damn I know that look! :wacko:

Thompson M1 SBR owner hear. i bought mine just over a year ago. im not oing to lie i had to send it back to the factory to get work done on it. i put 6 rounds through it took it apart to clean it. well it did not go back together. sent it in they fixed it. it works great now. i have not had 1 problem with it. i would recommend polishing your bolt ( Top and Bottom) if the gun is new, and having a gunsmith see if the can check you chamber and get it to TRUE SUB GUN specs. you might have to take the barrel off to do that. but over all i like mine a lot. hope this helps.

Thompson M1 SBR owner hear. i bought mine just over a year ago. im not oing to lie i had to send it back to the factory to get work done on it. i put 6 rounds through it took it apart to clean it. well it did not go back together. sent it in they fixed it. it works great now. i have not had 1 problem with it. i would recommend polishing your bolt ( Top and Bottom) if the gun is new, and having a gunsmith see if the can check you chamber and get it to TRUE SUB GUN specs. you might have to take the barrel off to do that. but over all i like mine a lot. hope this helps.

WeaponsSgt, I would suggest going to the AGI (American Gunsmithing Institute) and buying

their excellent armorer's DVD on the Thompson smg and the Numrich/Kahr/Auto-ordnance semi-auto.

You can avoid having to go through those problems you mentioned.

John

Edited by T Hound

Classic Firearms "Echoes of Glory" in Va Beach has two used ones right now. Both look great, but no idea if they run well. I think the price is 1400 each with one stick mag. The owner is Robert House. You can google and find it. PM me if I can assist. I'll see Robert next week.

Sandman1957

T Hound

I do have that DVD. It is excellent. The problem I had is not my doing on having the parts in wrong. The lower and the receiver where to tight and would not slide back together. I was the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Wow. Must have been really close tolerances. Did you try a little grease or oil on the rails? Edited by T Hound

That is what it was. Kahr had to remove a little material. I tryed everything to get it back together. And before I tossed it acreoss the room I called kahr, they took care of it.

I hope this doesn't portend a return to Kahr/Auto-Ordnance's loose machining/quality control issues that they had years

ago! I assume that the Thompson you bought was of the same time period as you bought it and not actually a NIB

Thompson made years before that. Both of my Thompson SA's are of that time period and I haven't had issues. I

guess, sooner or later, you're going to get a lemon. Glad they where able to correct it though.

T Hound yes it was new in the box made in November 2011. i know 2 or 3 other people who bought S/A Thompson's a few months before me or a few months after me. They have not had any issues at all. i think what i has was a fluke problem. at the time i had the problem i was freaking out that they would not be able to fix it and i would have to call the BTAF and have to do my SBR paperwork all over again. i have original wood furniture on it and i did the mag catch mod to it to accept full auto mags.ill take a pic and post it.

It wont let me post any pictures. it says there all too big. go to this link go to post #14 there are pictures of my Thompson at this link. the barrel band has been replaced with a Repro Richardson one.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14095&hl=&fromsearch=1#

It wont let me post any pictures. it says there all too big. go to this link go to post #14 there are pictures of my Thompson at this link. the barrel band has been replaced with a Repro Richardson one.

http://www.machinegu...=&fromsearch=1#

Try editing the pictures by right clicking and clicking edit. Then use the editor

to shrink down the pixels and try to post again. Can't promise it will work, but

it's worth a try.

T Hound

Saw them. Nice. Wish I could do the paper work for a SBR, but Cali laws

"prevent" me.