Thompson Gunsmith in Arizona?

Best Black Oxide artiste I know of is Doug Mosier, but he and his wife Run Glenrock Blue in Glenrock Wyoming.

He's oxided a couple barrels for mnshooter and I and he is known as one of the best.

Hes a member of the aAmerican Gunmakers Guild.

But....he's in Wyoming and not Phoenix.

If you can ship it, he'd do it justice.

Specializes in S&W wheel guns, but has extensive Thompson experience. has worked on several of my guns, has all of Doug's tools and has repaired numerous west hurleys.

You write Doug's tools but I don't know who you are referring to. Mine would be an AO Bridgeport Conn. SMG.

Dougs Tools = Doug Richardson , a retired Thompson Parts manufacturer. AO,Savage,Colt...West Hurley ....parts interchange and repairs are similar with the possible exception on West Hurley receivers

Specializes in S&W wheel guns, but has extensive Thompson experience. has worked on several of my guns, has all of Doug's tools and has repaired numerous west hurleys.

You write Doug's tools but I don't know who you are referring to. Mine would be an AO Bridgeport Conn. SMG.

brucea4,

Instead of being so cryptic in your questions, why don't you specify what you need done to your Auto-Ordnance, Bridgeport, CT made Thompson? It might be easier to direct you to someone or give you advice on something you can do yourself. By the way, is your Thompson a 1928 Model or an M1/M1A1 series?

By the way, welcome to the forum

Stick around....more knowledge here now than at Auto Ordnance way back when these guns were made!

We all live these, live and breathe history of them and welcome you!

That said, best move here is to spill what you want to know and let us help.

John