WTS: NOS NIB Thompson Sling

IMG_4557.jpgIMG_4559.jpgIMG_4561.jpg

I bought this some years ago,, probably from someone on the board. It was unopened until recently when I was at the SOS show in Louisville when my buddy questioned whether it was really a Thompson sling as it didn't seem to be the shape or size of a rolled sling. We googled the ordnance numbers and the closest thing that came up wash a "medical' sling. So we gingerly opened it and lo and behold it is a Thompson sling folded into the box 70 some years ago just as you see it here.

I'm looking to sell it for $100 OBO + $8 Priority mail shipping.

I'll accept PayPal, Venmo or a check. Whatever works.

Thanks for you interest.

Bill

attachicon.gif IMG_4557.jpgattachicon.gif IMG_4559.jpgattachicon.gif IMG_4561.jpg

I bought this some years ago,, probably from someone on the board. It was unopened until recently when I was at the SOS show in Louisville when my buddy questioned whether it was really a Thompson sling as it didn't seem to be the shape or size of a rolled sling. We googled the ordnance numbers and the closest thing that came up wash a "medical' sling. So we gingerly opened it and lo and behold it is a Thompson sling folded into the box 70 some years ago just as you see it here.

Thanks for you interest.

Bill

Bill,

I believe you purchased the unopened box from me at Tracie's show several years ago. I had several of the unopened boxes at the time. Not that it matters who you bought it from, but it your post brought back memories of the earlier TCA Shows. Just for the record, they were genuine WWII Kerr-type slings (just like the one's Phil Askew recently sold on the Board) repacked for long-term storage by the U.S. Navy in the 1950's. I only have one box left that I kept for myself.

attachicon.gif IMG_4557.jpgattachicon.gif IMG_4559.jpgattachicon.gif IMG_4561.jpg

Thanks for you interest.

Bill

Bill,

I believe you purchased the unopened box from me at Tracie's show several years ago. I had several of the unopened boxes at the time. Not that it matters who you bought it from, but it your post brought back memories of the earlier TCA Shows. Just for the record, they were genuine WWII Kerr-type slings (just like the one's Phil Askew recently sold on the Board) repacked for long-term storage by the U.S. Navy in the 1950's. I only have one box left that I kept for myself.

Thanks for the memory Chuck! I really had no recollection as to where I got it but I do remember theTCA shows and having a great time. I need get back there as soon as this current nonsense clears up.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...