New M1 Carbines from Inland Manufacturing, LLC

There is a new Inland Manufacturing, and they are making new M1 Carbines.

Manufacturer: http://www.inland-mfg.com/

Distributor: http://www.mkssupply.com/

Guns.com Article: http://www.guns.com/2014/10/21/mks-supply-brings-back-the-inland-m1-carbine/

This looks like a great alternative to the Auto Ordnance/Kahr M1 Carbines.

Edited by Big Al

The Grease gun was open bolt. A no-no to make for title 1 firearms. They would have to redesign the bolt to a closed

bolt firing pin set-up. Price would be too much for the market. When they did the Thompsons, they did convert the bolts

to firing pins. It's the weakest part in the semi-auto Thompsons. I've replaced a few in the last 25 years. There wouldn't be

a market in the MG world either as it would be a post sample and only dealers with a demo letter could buy them. Who would

they demo them for?

Inland Manufacturing LLC was set up at OGCA today, and I was able to look at both models up close. VERY NICE! This is going to be a good thing.

They had their own new products displayed next to originals. The new Carbines are made from all new parts. I was not able to look at the part markings in detail, and am just a little bit apprehensive about that, but the owner seemed to want to differentiate his product from original,so that no one is fooled into thinking the parts are original WWII era.

The receiver appears to be cast, and machined. I believe the Carbine marking at the top of the receiver is part of the casting, and not stamped.

I only made the following 2 minor observations:

• The rear sight has sharp edges
  • The channel in the handguard wood very high cut, and slightly obstructs the sight picture - More than I've seen on any original carbine

Here is a copy of the flyer they were handing out. It also has M1911's on the other side, but I only scanned the Carbine side.

Inland_Flyer.JPG

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

Was glad that you were impressed with these Inland guns. I would like to have M1A1 Paratrooper for a shooter. I looked on the web site and didn't have list of dealers that carry them. I'm not going to pay MSRP. And would like to see a report on the shooting and see how they do their. I guess I'll have to wait awhile.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Try Valkyrie Arms, they say they make them. I sent an inquiry, but got no reply. jh

I have one on order supposedly. I paid for it in July, it we supposed to be delivered in August, they don't respond to my emails either and I've gotten a hold of them twice out of probably 20 calls, first it was delivery would be mid-October, now mid-December.

I really hate to hear that. Let us know if they come through......or not. jh

Try Valkyrie Arms, they say they make them. I sent an inquiry, but got no reply. jh

I have one on order supposedly. I paid for it in July, it we supposed to be delivered in August, they don't respond to my emails either and I've gotten a hold of them twice out of probably 20 calls, first it was delivery would be mid-October, now mid-December.