Crosby Xxx Magazines

I recently took delivery of an unfired WH M1 TSMG and promptly shipped it off to PK for some of his magic.

I did notice that Seymour and Sparks-Withington (SWCO) magazines fit and locked up just fine, but that the feed lips on Crosby-made mags seemed to flare too much at the top front. The Crosby-made mags (five total; all with same problem) would not lock into position. All mags tried were in original new or nearly new condition, and all work just fine in my '28A1.

Anybody else having the same problem? Fixes that won't effect feeding?

Thanks and best regards!

TSMGuy, God gave us hammers and screwdrivers so we could make things fit and work. I will admit to have (carefully) tapped and pried the top of mag rails so they slid in freely and had minimal wobble. I've never tampered with mag lips but if need be, God also gave us pliers.

Happy shooting!

I sent my WHM1 to PK a year ago & sent all my magazines to him also (he adjusted some of my magazines to work right). I suggest you do the same (and discribe the problem to him) & you will be a happy camper! My Thompson works beautifully now. lol:

remember reading something about that in American Thunder, Crosbey made XX's and made them fit the 21/28 mag well and then had troubles with the M1 mag well being smaller and more tapered.

BB