Frame Latch 1927-a1

Hello all,

After having a few thoughts on why my Kahr's 27 frame wouldn't come off the reciever without using a screwdriver I finally had the gall to modify the latch spring and after cutting a few times-(after all I didn't want to slice too much off.) I finally got a latch in where I push the button and Voila! the receiver will fall off, barrel first on your toe while your holding on to the frame. It slides on and holds no problems as well.

I swear, pool all the info on this board together and Kahr would read it they might have a gun that would shoot out of the box. Not that mine didn't it didn't shoot much after that, and the bolt ..........grrr!.

Anyone see Conquest tonight on the History channel? They had a group run a mission on a German pillbox using a Garand w/granade attach., M-1 Thompson, BAR, and a few other items. After being able to shoot a few rounds of course to get use to the weapons. Well needless to say it was intresting.-Adlake

Kahr is aware of this board - when I first got my non-firing 27 I sent copies of this board by E mail to them. NO RESPONSE - big suprise! I spoke to them by phone several times. What we forget is that there are many people buying their products that are unaware of this board - our comments are very small in comparison to the total sales they are making - and they don't give a damm. Don't forget who Kahr is... did you ever try to get a Monnie out of your office or place of business when they were selling their junk? They have no customer loyalty, never have and never will. At the shot show the guns they show don't look like the product the customer receives. I ask why the difference in quality and was advised that I must have received the one in a million - sorry, but so what.

Don't expect to see a change in the product. We all know the quality could be improved at little cost, they just don't intend to do it.

My 2c's

Phil,

pretty interesting stuff! I remember the Newspaper buy, but never kneww he was so fervently right wing.

You live and learn.

Zamm