M55 stock, real?

joelaw99

Does this look real? I think the action sits too high, trigger and magwell dont protrude unough. Grip doesnt seem to have enough angle either. Seller says its years of collecting and repairing original parts except some screws?? Hes asking about $1300

Were there any variances in the stocks from run to run or do they all seem to be the same?

I figured if anyone knew the answer it would be you guys.

Thanks, joe

post-20582-0-95759500-1631120593_thumb.jpeg

post-20582-0-87167000-1631126399_thumb.png

post-20582-0-92724900-1631126416_thumb.png

Edited by joelaw99

Yes the angle of the pistol grip is different than mine. The channel behind the receiver cap on mine is in line and wider, where this one looks to be narrower and offset (could be the pics). Mine has a single screw trigger guard. Mine also has no screw above the front sling swivel? The wood grain on mine is much more plain, but there are a lot of variations in Reising wood.

I know mine is original, but I don't know how many configurations there are or could be?

I do know there are repros but it's been a while since I've seen one?

As to the receiver, my stocks sits just barely below the halfway point of the receiver? Can't tell from your pics? HTH

Here is one of mine. SN is 54811. Gun is Blued, and was "supposedly" a bring back. It had a parkerized mag well, which I replaced with a blued one. This one shoots unreally fast - ROF has to be 900 -1000.

IMG_0575.jpg

Another one - not as good a picture, but blued as well

M55%20Reising.JPG

Edited by MG08

• 2 weeks later...