Lahti L39 Barrel shroud dimensions wanted

383vette

Hello to all. I am the lucky owner of an L-39 Lahti - unfortunately it did not come with the wooden barrel shroud. I am ready to start making a reproduction but looking for anyone who'd be willing to send me dimensions (length, diameter, thickness, air hole placements, etc.) and some pictures. Have tried to scour the Internet for drawings but no luck so far. Willing to trade a couple of rounds for the info if that will entice anyone. thanks in advance for any help offered.

Bud 383vette

timing is everything. I had one apart 2 weeks ago. They are somewhat complicated to make without splitting and the ends are stamped steel collars, though I suppose for some guys that might be easy to do?

Robie is mostly out it other than the parts he has on sturm. I don't recall he ever sold a shroud on the loose or I would have bought it and it would have been original. There was a guy that had made some repros, but that was probably at least 10 years ago? I don't recall who it was but it was in the US and they looked like repros. Then you have to duplicate the Finish creosote smell for authenticity! I love that smell!!

I might be persuaded to take another apart at some point?

Thanks to all who responded. A gentlemen on another forum replied and provided specs and pictures. If anyone is interested in getting the info, send me your email and I'll send over. Going to try my hand at making one.

Billy Dixon - if you're interested, I'll keep you informed of my progress

Bud

383vette