Thompson Military Case

What does this look like to you? But in fact it is a case being made by a company out West. They sell for $49.95 each. I'll buy a couple when they come out in September. Won't you? I recieved a very nice email from the owner of the company telling me about the goods. He attached a photo of a USMC holster and mag pouch and belt for the .45 Colt pistol. It looks very nice as well.

"Hello Michael

Thanks for your interest in our product. I have attached a photo of the type of case that we will be offering this fall (Sept) This is a picture of one of our cases. We will also offer this case in a longer verson for the semi-auto Thompsons. Everything will be the same except the lenght on the case. The price of the case will $49.90 each. I am also sending you a picture of a few other of our USMC items

If you have any questions about our products please call me at (760) 868 3856 or e-mail me. Once again thanks for your interest.

Best Regards

Bob Thomasser

Pacific Canvas & Leather Co., Inc."

http://mikesmachineguns.homestead.com/files/Thompson_Case_SGM.jpg

Right on!

Something we can use to stop the Tommies from banging into each other in the safe!

Oh, if only i had more than one !!!!

I might buy a couple of these just to be optimistic !!!!

But, then logic would force me to find another TSMG just to fill the empty case !!!

Anyone know a rich lady who would support my 'habit' ????

Aren't we worried about the reproduction issue? Sorry! Couldn't resist... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Mike, would he or does he make any other canvas cases for the TSM? I'm not sure of the correct model case, but I've read about the one being made in India that are being sold by IMA , but the quality is poor. I'm very interested in getting one from your guy.

Greg

The comment was indeed a joke. I do not think the reproduction issue itself is a joke, but I think a lot of folk made it a bigger issue than it should have been. I guess I just wanted to make a funny before the good Thompson-related information contained in this post turned into another "Thompson greed" issue. Without getting into it any more, this is my $.02. Hope my joke did not offend anyone.

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Jul 8 2004, 09:18 PM)

No, good response, Fred.  Much more sensible and mature than the other one with the graphics...which was pretty much what I would have have expected.

Sure would like to meet some of the folks on the board eventually...see just who or what posts some of this stuff...and whether they would have the ____ to try it face to face; I'd love that.

It's OK if you don't like my sense of humor... no skin here... And yes anything I say here, I will say face to face..... Or I wouldn't post it.... See you at the show.....

I look at it like this..I don't really give a rat f*ck if it is a repro or not. If someone tries to tell me it is original and it's a repro, the screw you. If they just don't honestly know well there you go, live and learn. If I buy it from someone like Bob or Gordon or Doug or anyone and I know,and it's repro, so be it. If I need a part for the collection that I cannot find anywhere else, I get what I can to complete it, for now. I'm not going to dick anyone around and say it's genuine from WWII or FBI or that crap to make me big bucks. I wouldn't sell it to someone else and bullshit them that way. If "you" do, well that's your problem. If I bought 100 of these cases and sold them on EvilBay, I would let the people know they are repros.

ok off my box now. end of conversation.

phill1012k, his email is "paccanandleather@verizon.net" and his name is Bob Thomasser. Real nice guy. I don't think they have a web site yet and I don't even remember how I found out about him. His phone number to ask about products is (760) 868 3856. He is in Oregon, I think. Hope this helps us and him.

I know this is a Thompson newbie question but:

I got an original canvas case that looks just like the first picture. It's in pretty good shape, but I'm perplexed. It's got four snaps on the ends, but unless I was really sleepy last night when I looked (I was) they are all "female" end snaps. So what are the snaps for? What do you snap them to?

Thanks, I'm sure you can enlighten me quickly.

11 days and counting on 90 days pending. Hopefully soon I can bring it home.

Guest phill1012k

Thanks for the info Mike...I should be over in Oregon soon so maybe I’ll get it mailed to my girlfriends house...

I don’t post much 'cos I don’t really have much to add, but as usual all your guys help and information is very much appreciated!

~Phill

I'm wrong...God I hate to say that, but 760 is in Southern Kommiefornia. Here's what I found from AnyWho.com. Sorry for the Oregon confusion. I thought I had a email from him saying it was Oregon.

(760)

Adelanto, Apple Valley, Barstow, Bishop, Blythe, Borrego, Brawley, Bridgeport, Calexico, California City, Carlsbad, Cathedral City, China Lake, Coachella, El Centro, Encinitas, Escondido, Fairview, Fallbrook, Ft. Irwin, Hesperia, Indio, Inyokern, Julian, La Quinta, Lake Isabella, Lee Vining, Mammoth Lake, Mono Lake, Mt. Palomar, Needles, Oceanside, Onyx, Pala, Palm Springs, Pauma Valley, Pendleton, Phelan, Pinon Hills, Ramona, Ridgecrest, San Marcos, Twentynine Palms, Victorville, Valley Center, Vista, Warner Springs, Winterhaven, Wrightwood, Yucca Valley; Death Valley N.P., Joshua Tree N.P.; includes a small part of San Diego itself