WWII USGI .45 ACP Ammo

With David's permission I have some WWII USGI .45 ACP ammo for sale if anyone is interested. It came from the Russian repack they were selling years ago. All properly stored in spam cans, in excellent condition, 100% surefire although it is more for collectors than for blasting. All ammo is 1942 manufactured with a couple rounds from 1941. This would be perfect for someones WWII TSMG or 1911 display. The ammo is not in it original boxes. I do have six 20 round WWII repo boxes that goes with it though. Three have Winchester labels and three have WCC labels. All ammo is brass cased.There is a total of 154 rounds. This is how it breaks down.

50 rnds with headstamp WCC 42 {Western Cartridge Co.}

50 rnds headstamp RA 42 {Remington Arms}

36 rnd headstamp W.R.A. .45AC {winchester}

9 rnds WCC 42 and one rnd WCC 41

3 rnds EC 42 {brass case, Evansville Chrysler, not steel}

2 rnds RA 42 and one rnd RA 41 rnd

1 rnd FA 42 {Frankford Arsenal}

1 rnd headstamp REM-UMC 45 ACP

Ammo comes in two 100 rnd plastic boxes encluding the 6 repo cardboard boxes.

As I stated this ammo will shoot 100%. I have shot thousands of rounds of it with no issues. This is all I have left and think it would be better for a collector than shooter. Can text pics and will try to get some posted here. .Asking $135 for everything delivered.

Thanks for looking

Chopper1928@yahoo.com

On the subject of WW II ammunition ... These are 50 caliber rounds the army issued to my son in Afghanistan in 2008 for his M2 ... Most appear to be Des Moines Ordnance Plant 1945 stamps ... I think one is a St Louis Ordnance Plant 53 stamp ... He said he had no issues with the ammo working. He also said they were issued Korean War illumination rounds for their mortars ... They had to actually Google how to use them as none of the 11C's had ever even seen one before.

post-260006-0-81151400-1554777028_thumb.jpg

That WEII ammo is great and runs flawlessly, but it is corrosive.

Still, Tommy's are easy to clean.

It runs a bit hotter than cheap stuff...chrono-ed a bunch of mine at 880-890 fps. The WCC will eat your decapping pin if you try reloading it but it's great brass too.

Wish I'd have bought several more spam cans when it was plentiful....only have a couple left.

Can separate into smaller into smaller lots but prefer to sell all in one lot to save on shipping. If price is out of line feel free to PM me with a reasonable offer. Remember this is WWII ammo, is in excellent condition and is 77 years old.

Thanks for looking

Chopper28

Edited by Chopper28

Nice stuff! I bought a pile of it, $60 a can, delivered. It's been absolutely sure fire. It's all part of the over 5 billion rounds of M1911 .45 ball ammo produced during the war years. It's notable that this ammo was produced civilian contractors for Russian Lend-Lease contracts. I've only seen 1941 and '42 head stamps on Russian repacked ball .45., never earlier or later.