Refinishing Space Age Material Thompson

Has anyone had any experiences refinishing/ anodizing the Thompson's that were made of aluminum (space age material)? I am wanting to have one reanodized but do not quite know how to prep the metal for it, or what finish I would want to ask for to return it to original condition, especially how thick to have it. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. I do have some experience with the bake on finishes and spray on stuff, but it does not seem to hold up well, and especially would be insufficient, I fear, for such a large area.

Thanks, Theo

We use a finish on our aluminum parts called "mil-tuff". It is used by the military on their stuff. The company is called Nimet in South Bend Indiana. You might give them a call, they may be able to give you a idea. i know it works on our stuff in salt water, we make underwater photo equiptment. company I work for is Ikelite Underwater Systems in Indianapolis. This coating is some tough stuff for sure.

I tried the Brownells Alumina hide on some AR magazines and my in the white AR lower and it has held up quite well. Been on since 96 or 97 resisted CLP, Hopes #9, Sweet's 7.62 solvent and a host of other cleaning products. I'm not going top say it still has 100% finish as I'm not nice to that gun but in my experinace it has held up.

BB