1927-a1 Feeding And Ejecting Problems

I just got my 1927-A1 Thompson back from Kahr Arms and shot it at the range with very disappointing results. The gun jammed on almost every magazine I tried in it, including the factory mag. It tried to double feed ammo and jammed up after only a few shots. It also failed to eject on several occasions, but less frequently than the double feeding. I was using Winchester 230 grain ball and it should have fed with no problems. I also noticed that the so called fixed rear sight came loose again, but the screws didn't come out this time. I put red loctite on them and hopefully it will fix the problem. I am concerned about the unreliablity and Kahr Arms didn't do a very good job of fixing this gun. The cutts compensator and front sight are also loose, plus the gun's furniture also was loose after the range session. I am going to call Kahr Arms to tell them to send a FedEx yellow tag to come get this thing and fix it right. I did notice that the sharp edges around the ejection port and feed ramp and long burrs on it. I gently smoothed these over, but did not remove enough metal to change the original contours of the gun in the slightest. The ejector seems a bit loose and the magazine is a bit loose. Any suggestions as to what I should tell the guys up at Kahr to do? Should I send it to the guy in Colorado to remedy these maladies in my AO/Kahr semi-auto? Help!

I would let them try again if it is under warranty and is not costing you anything. Then when you get it back and it doesn't work,if you still want it, send it to PK in Colorado. He WILL fix it. It will cost you this time but his work is excellent. He can fix anything and everything that could possibly be wrong with it. You will get back a much better gun than you got from the Kahr factory. He is a wonderful guy to deal with and there is no one better at fixing ailing Thompsons.

Kahr builds the gun - PK makes them work.

I had the same problems with 2 Kahr guns, however after the return to Kahr they worked. Somewhat!

Virginian...I've been in the Virginian in Medicine Bow. Half their roads are still mud, or dirt, depending on the season. Sometimes hunt rabbits up there. Well until I got sick of the bloody fleas.

I wouldn't send Kahr a rubber band gun, let alone a real rifle. That is just me, and yes i know,a really impolite opinion. When I bought my 27, I bought it from PK, and did so knowing I would send it to him if anything went pear-shaped. It costs more money than warranty work, but I value my peace of mind...there is nothing more frustrating than sending something off for warranty work and getting back a weapon that still has problems.

Virginian--

Welcome to the club! I had the same problems as you. Sent it to Kahr. It worked for awhile, then had more problems. Now, I'm experiencing intermittent problems with the trigger not resetting. I'll probably send it to PK when I get my money saved.

I will give Kahr one more try and then send it to PK. If I send it to PK I will go full bore and have him make it look as close to a real Thompson as the law allows. It is a shame that this gun didn't perform better out of the box. BTW, thanks for the warm welcome to the board. I like anything .45 ACP, then .45 Auto-Rim and then .45 Colt.

Thanks for the guidance. How can I reach PK? PK are you out there?