Bulk Ammo

Anyone have a good source for bulk ammo?

I want the following:

Brass cases

Boxer primed

Non-corrosive

230 gr FMJ or copper plated

So... no Wolf or Russian Repack.

I have a source for fiocchi for 1000 rounds for $199.00 I have to pick it up, so add 6% tax.

Can you beat that???

I will be going to the Harrisburg show on Saturday and look to see what is availabel there. I've found sometimes that going to these shows you can pickup ammo there that is less expensive than most of the people that sell on the Internet and you don't have to pay for the shipping this way.

You might want to look for some shows in your area and see if you can find some that you can attend.

However, I'm also interested in resupply for myself so when there, I will look for some good deals and ask if they will ship if that is necessary. I will then obtain the name of the indiviuals and if you wish to send me an e-mail on Sunday, I will let you know what I find out. You may find some less expensive ammo that meets your requirements and, then you can send for what you want if it's at a lower price.

I do know of a place in Easton Pa., that is about 45 minutes from where I live and one of these days, I will go there and look at the pricing he has currently. He has a huge amount of people that go to him for reloading items and he does carry also ammo and has decent pricing. However, he must charge me the sales tax when I go there and purchase items.

At most of the shows, the dealers that sell the ammo have the sales tax figured in with the ammo they sell so what they price out on the ammo seems to include that sales tax as well. So there is no shipping and the tax is included.

Just dug through Midway's catalog. They have Winchester 230gr FMJ brass cased ammo - on sale for $97.99/500. So I bought 1000! Shipping for me was $18. The catalog said $122, there website said $98, and the sale ends at the end of this month!

The sad reality is that is only just over 1 minute shooting with the 21 actuator in my 28!

Natchez Shooters Supply is where I get a lot of my ammo. Haven't bought any .45 in awhile but I believe Sellier and Belloit is around $8.25/box in case quantities, no tax, plus actual shipping. It's boxer,brass,230 gr. FMJ, etc. Very good ammo.

HTH

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ May 1 2005, 12:15 PM)
Right on, Jim. What a joy, and how easy it is to use the Dillon RL-550B; ...

I have the 550B as well and have been reloading a number of different calibers for a year or so. I guess I have lots to learn still because I figured by now, I should be able to load them just as fast as I shoot them but it has not happened yet. Oh well, maybe if I give it another year. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Phil,

Keep watching evilbay... there was a motorized RLB 1050 out there, with 4 calibers... did not sell at $1000. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Once I get enough empty cases to make it interesting, I will start on my Square Deal B and on my 550B. But steel cases don't make it...

I found that the XL650 does a nice job with the 10,000 empties from the last M.G. shoot. Casting 6 .45, 230gr.rn. at a time really gets you caught up in a hurry...and look at the moolah you can save to buy the next NFA toy that comes your way... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I think Wal-Mart sells the .45 ACP 100-round value packs for $19.99 each. Assuming my math is correct, this appears to be about the same price as the Fiocchi you mentioned.

What do you think of Fiocchi ammo? Is it good stuff?

Most of the ammo I've shot has been either Winchester or Remington, both in 9mm. I am in the process of getting a WWII vintage M1 transferred to me.

--bigu2fan