Aluminum .45 ACP through a Thompson or M3 SMG?

I've shot for years, all types of guns and military stuff, but now hesitate to order Blazer Aluminum.45 ACP for my SMG's. Anyone have experience, good or bad, using this stuff in our expensive SMG's?

I shoot it and steel case through semi-automatics and have had no issues... ever.

I tried these a few years ago in my MP5 and Thompson 1928 and had some issues with stuck/crushed cases. I've only used it in my traditional pistols since that time.

I could have rechecked just yesterday as it finally warmed up enough to get out (had my Thompson and some Blazer aluminum for my 1911).

Don't ever use it in an M3 or any other fixed firing pin/slam fire gun. A case separation that leaves a ring of case material in the chamber will give you an out of battery discharge.

As for using it in a Thompson, you're going to save what, 3 cents a round in a $30K gun? False economy is the nicest thing I can say

Edited by StrangeRanger
  • Upvote 1

Okay no wise acre or sarcasm here. {i would not use it} brass for hk you can also use steel case it has fluted chamber and we all know that stuff just a lil wear and rough on extractors on those guns sometimes. Thompsons no blazer forget it or 1911's. MAYBE FOR A 38 SPECIAL six shooter OR 357 MAG,

don't ever use reloads and no redone stuff. if you enjoy the good guns that you do why feed them garbage or stuff that might cause problem. Good luck in whatever you decide. Ron K.