M2 "Enforcer" Iver Johnson

I am not aware of any that are C&R yet, but in the next few years, some should begin to reach the 50-year threshold. It's an Iver Johnson, so the quality may not be USGI, but I've never heard anything bad about them as NFA guns. Maybe someone else with firsthand experience shooting or owning one can chime in. Here's a link where you can read up on them...

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_ij.html

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

If converted prior to the end of the '68 amnesty, an "Enforcer" would be considered C+R. They were made from 1963 into the mid 1980s. After the end of the '68 Amnesty, any converted Plainfields would not be C+R, but remanufactured guns.

I've repaired at least three damaged Plainfield carbines that were converted to full-auto. Metal alloy quality of the receivers is not sufficient to withstand much full auto fire, in my opinion. FWIW

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

If converted prior to the end of the '68 amnesty, an "Enforcer" would be considered C+R. They were made from 1963 into the mid 1980s. After the end of the '68 Amnesty, any converted Plainfields would not be C+R, but remanufactured guns.

I've repaired at least three damaged Plainfield carbines that were converted to full-auto. Metal alloy quality of the receivers is not sufficient to withstand much full auto fire, in my opinion. FWIW

Thats interesting you would say that.

I have a factory plainfield m2 which I personally have ran over 7000 rds through (on my second barrel) and untold before I purchased it.

Zero issues.

What do you consider "much full auto fire"?

Edited by geefal

The USMC considered 15,000 rounds the point at which an original M2 Carbine needed to be inspected and overhauled.

BRMCII, by virtue of the type of work he does, will deal with the exceptions, and I'm sure there are some Plainfields that experience issues. It would be interesting to know how many similar issues are experienced with other types of M2 Carbines, both USGI, and commercial.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 5 months later...

Will an Iver Johnson Enforcer or Super Enforcer Drop into a regular stock so it can be shouldered.

Of couurse a tax stamp would be involved but now one could control the beast! It appears from pics that the handguard is too short to

meet up with the barrel band .

Anyone try this or know?

Thanks,everyone!!

• 2 months later...

I tinkered with a standard semi Iver Johnson for a friend back in 1980, all the parts were soft. The receiver, bolt, & op-rod were being beaten to death. I wouldn't shoot it, however it should make a nice table lamp. The Plainfield that Dad bought for me in 1972 is far superior quality.

Edited by DougStump