Ww2 1911a1 Pistols

I had a post war arsenal rebuild Remington Rand for about ten years, but I sold it about five years ago. It had a colt 1911 frame and trigger, but a Remington Rand 1911a1 slide. Most of the parts were a1 parts. I know the frame was a colt after I checked the sn in a Flayderman's (sp.?) book. It was worn, but it shot great. I still have my WW2 issue pistol belt and holster. One of these days I would like to get one of the nice inexpensive replicas being made now to put back in the holster. I now have a S&W 4506 45 cal. pistol. I am very happy with it, but it does not go with my Thompson. My Thompson needs a companion. My father-in-law is supposed to get his father's 1911 when he passes. I have seen it, and it is nice. I believe it is a colt, but I have not seen it in years. Maybe one of these days I may get to shoot it.

Scott

I see one common thread here...`I had but sold`theme...I guess I`m lucky cause I never sold any .45s...still have the first Ithica for 30yrs,Colts,US&S,Remington/Rand...still got`em,almost had a Singer from a retired Singer employee who became a range officer at the local club...used to shoot it often...what a treasure...I think they buried it with him...Bill Douglas has a .45 torch cut on one side at the NASLEEM Museum he acquired from someone that worked a summer job as a kid scrapping these pieces of history....our leftist libby government at work!!!,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Oh I'm way ahead of you Phil! I've got a rebarrelled Dec-42 Springfield Armory M1 that is a great shooter plus a Collector Grade post-WW2 H&R. Along with a M1903 and M1903A3. All from the CMP. Best firearm deals on the planet.

Phil,

Yep, that was the price back then from the DCM of yesteryear.

Here is a great story related to me by my old CPA.

He asked that I come down to his office one day to look at an old 1911A1 that he had purchased through the DCM back in about '61. He was kind of concerned that being an old pistol, it may not be too cool to shoot it. He reaches into his desk drawer and pulls out a Kraft box with a pristine Colt 1911A1, paperwork and all in it! After a thorough inspection (all original mint) I tell him that I was sure that it would be fine and that if he ever wanted to sell to please keep me in mind. He says that he would and that he might just double his money on it - being that he gave $17 shipped for it! He went on to say that he really wanted an M1 Carbine that they offered also, but that it was going to cost him around $35 for both of them back then and he just could not afford it at the time.

I gave him a standing offer of $1000 for the Colt on the spot. This was only a couple of years ago so I thought I was being fair. The old fellow was in the TNG with my father when they were activated for the Berlin Crisis.

Edited by Tex

QUOTE (REISINGSTAR @ Jun 16 2004, 01:34 PM)
Kyle,
Check out GUNBROKER AUCTION #19540276.Remington-Rand 1911a1 BUY IT NOW $1075. Currently at $350.00,12 days to go.

REISINGSTAR http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I'm watching it. However, this pistol is nowhere near as nice as the one that sold for $975 Sunday night.