C Drum Update...to Clarify Some Things

I reopened this thread from earlier in the year to ask Tommygunner or anyone else that may know if Kahr is still going ahead with the proposed production of a new 100rd 'C' Drum? From some of the earlier posts of those 'in the know', it sounded as though this was a sure thing, is that still the case and is it going forward, just curious? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Mike Hammer

When the Kahr L drums first came out many rushed to purchase - only to be burned. I think the C drums will be a different story. The shotgun news is full of ads for the L drums and it appears few are making the purchase.

I think the story of the C drums will be different - those aware of the L drum failure will be slow to purchase and dealers fed up with the return of the L drums will avoid stocking the C drum.

I think most on this board will wait for several months before buying, if ever making a purchase. I for one having been burned by Kahr several times, and will never buy one, even if it runs as good as my two Colt C drums. To recover their investment, and based on a very limited market, I still think the drum will sell for $900 - $1000. I think the price will come close to matching the price of their gun.

This is a company with a questionable background who produce junk for the new person bitten by the Thompson bug. As noted in a prior post the failure rate is 100%. Their sales are directed to the "new" gun owner.

Its only thanks to people like Murle and PK that this junk has been turned into something that works. Just think of the number of people who have purchased their products and are not aware of people who can make this junk work. This is the reason you see offers for a 1927a for sale that has never been fired!

As I have said many times before - if you want something to hang on the bottom of your 1927a - Kahr is the place to go, most of the guns don't work, so why not a drum that matchs the gun and also that will not work.

I was reading through the post again and notice I had two posts that basically said the same thing. Funny thing is these are two posts are just over 3 months (Post 1 is from June 20th and post 2 is from Sept 24) a part yet the feelings are the same.

Odds are another 3 - 6 months down the road it will be the same. I wish they would read our posts and see that producing a poor product does have a lasting affect on the consumers.