Rifle Butt UD42

hello

I am new to the forum, I also have a passion for firearms and I am in France.
I am looking for a butt for a pm ud42 that I have in very bad condition, I would like to start renovating it and the wooden butt is missing.
do you know where i can find this? or reproduce a butt?
thank you

sorry for my English :)

Your English is excellent, by the way, just sayin'......

Stocks for UD42 smgs are very difficult to find and there are no reproductions that I have seen or heard of. It is not worth the expense and effort to reproduce them.

Put a WTB, want to buy, ad on www.sturmgewehr.com under the appropriate heading and also here....

good luck.

If you cannot find an original stock for sale, you might want to try contacting custom stock makers here in the US to find one who has duplicating machinery and would be willing to take on the project.

Then you could advertise for someone who would be willing to let the stock maker borrow his stock as an exemplar for duplication. This works on a couple of levels. Once the stock maker has the dimensions programmed in, he can make 2 stocks as easily as one so the owner of the original could get a spare. If you offered to pay for both it would sweeten the deal considerably.

Warning: this is NOT going to be inexpensive.

Edited by StrangeRanger

I think I explained myself wrong, I'm just looking for the back party , « buttstock »

Edited by boony

J'ai compris but coming up with a part that rare for sale may prove to be impossible. Finding someone who will lend one out to a reputable stock maker may be a lot easier. The problem is going to find a stock maker to do the work.

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning all

after but research I found a cabinetmaker to redo me the butt of ud 42,
but I would need a diagram with quotations to be closest to the original.

Could someone make me a little plan with dimensions of the wooden butt? thank you
and happy birthday to all.

bonjour a tous

après mais recherche j'ai trouver un ébéniste pour me refaire la crosse du ud 42,
mais il me faudrais un schéma avec des cotations pour être le plus prés de l'original.

quelqu'un pourrais me faire un petit plan avec des cotes de la crosse en bois? merci
et bonne fête a tous.