Ww2 Thompson Case

A friend here in Pa was telling me about seeing a WW2 dark OD green thompson 1928 canvas case, like the original Mills or Rusco cases for the colt thompsons, but of a ww2 type of dark green OD canvas.

Has anyone on this board seen one? Anyone have one for sale?

I've seen the military cases for sale in eBay from time to time. There were two types. One with a magazine extension, one without. "American Thunder" says that the cover without the mag extension is the earlier version.

the kind i am talking about is not in American Thunder...I am talking about a 1928 case that is similar in design to the original colt cases manufactured by rusco or mills....but made of the same kind of material as the WW2 thompson cases that are so common.

the kind of case i am talking about holds the thompson without the stock attached. The stock fits in a pouch on the side of the case...just like the mills/rusco cases...only ww2 manufacture and made of the dark green canvas.

in 33 years of thompson goodies never seen one, or a picture of one,or heard of one.

somebody dyed one green,or maybe not i had about ten still in wrapper that had a dark green look,and not the tan.no marking on inside such as rusco or mill's........sold them all off at 300.00 each.maybe its one of those......

that was over ten years ago...............ask him if he bought them from a guy in chicago..........YOU NEVER KNOW!!

take care,ron

canvass king at one time........

Hugh,

Although I haven't seen it, the case you are talking about is mentioned in the Thompson Collector News 1st Quarter, 2004. In the newsletter it is also mentioned that the case is shown in the last quarter of 2002 newsletter. The case mentioned is marked TWEEDS, 1944.

Regards,

Rob

i went to the NFA toys.com site and looked at TCN ...the December 2002 issue shows the case...it is indeed a dark green, ww2 style canvas fabric....but otherwise just like the prewar cases....thanks

Now...has anyone got one of these TWEEDS 1944 marked cases??