Odd Us Submachine Guns

I am looking for info and / or photos for one-off or rare US submachine guns that were made or designed in the U.S. One in particular is the Holmes SMG made in the 1980s, only 25 to 50 were produced

This info is for a new book on US SUBGUNS to be entitiled;

BORN IN THE USA, Submachine Guns of the United States of America...

Or something like that

Book will cover the Colt Thompson through the Ruger MP9, and a Chapter on US M16-M14 rifles.

Great in depth MAC/Ingram chapter, 9mm M16, SW 76, MK760, Global M76A1, Stemples, Reising, M3, WH Thompsons etc. Ordnance tests reports and photos of foreign and domestic SMGs from 1939-1943.Other rare one-of a kind guns, and patents on guns that were never made and more... 400 plus pages, lots of new photos!

Almost done, should be printed in April for Knob Creek.

Thanks!!

Hey Nick, don’t forget whose arms collection you are “pre inheriting”. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Frank,

Have you contacted Reed Knight? I recall seeing a couple items in his museum that locked pretty unique, that is in addition to his Model of 1919....

The book sounds VERY interesting. I look forward to buying a copy.

Roger

Frank,

Re the WH Thompsons - will the back of the book have a serial number, production date, sales date, and buyer section like in the back of Mr. Hill's book?

Though I am not the owner of a WH TSMG, I believe such data should and could be included with "the WH history."

Perhaps Board members who are WH TSMG owners would be willing to provide you with their serial numbers, etc.

Frank,.. one odd looking mg I have seen little info about,,,Gwinn survival pistol,...I had one in hand last fall for possible deal,...kinda low production numbers,..don`t want to use the r*** word ... price might go up.Any input would be appreciated.TIA,out

Frank:

Wow, sounds like another great book! For those of us enslavened with mortgage-related duties during Knob Creek (i.e. I cain't be there), could you post how and when to order the new book? Thanks much.

Ron