Value Of Drum Converted To Use With A M1/m1a1?

I've got a drum that was converted by the now defunct Gunmachines company; the drum has been modified to use in a M1/M1A1. The drum is an older, pre-Kahr, WH L-drum. Does anyone know what a reasonable current market value would be on one of these? I sold one several years ago during the mag ban for $850, but I would assume that the market price has dropped somewhat with the expiration of the ban. I want to sell this things, but I don't know what a fair price would be.

Any help/advice would be most appreciated. Thanks much!

Hows this pencil out... $250 for a new drum, another $100 to make it work (though you may get lucky and get one that works right off the bat), then another $150-$250 to do the work of converting it to use in the M1A1. Thus $500 or more. I haven't heard what anybody is charging to do the conversion, but its a guess on the amount of work you might have to put into it.

Take another example, the soumi drums converted for say a UZI. The cost is what maybe $45 into a drum and a stick, then they sell for upwards of $250 so they are putting $200 in time and effort into the conversion.

Call Merle and ask what he's charging for a newly made one, then you will have your value of the one you have.

steave,

If you want to sell the modified drum, put it on Subguns at $850 then drop the price $10 per day till it sells. Somebody will bite sooner or later.

You might want to get the buyer to agree to waive any claim for damage to their gun caused by the use of the modified drum. (My personal opinion).

Good luck!

MP