AO 1928 Trigger Frame Problem

Ok so I have a couple Savage 1928 Trigger frames and 1 AO 1928 Trigger frame that I've had for a while and today I decided to put a stock and grip on the AO but when I tried to slide the stock on it would only go on half way and get stuck, I tried other stocks but got the same results so I decided to take the stock slides out of the stocks and see if they would slide on to the trigger frame and they all slide on without a problem but when I put the slides back in the stocks they again got stuck halfway on, the stocks will slide on and off all of my savage Trigger frames without a problem, has anyone else had this problem or know what could be the problem, is the trigger frame out of spec or is AO tighter tolerances then savage? Any help would be appreciated Edited by 1952HRA

I have encounter the same problem a time or two such as you have described. I deduced that when you tighten the forward screw on the stock slide assembly, if there is any wood milled out "dead space", the torque of tightening the screw is slightly pulling "bowing" the assembly into the "dead space" ..... pulling the stock slide rails closer together.

1 - Possible to solve by acquiring small washers on the screw, go between the wood and slide assembly. Tighten as desired, the washers keep the assembly from bowing. The number is determined by the experiment, upon which when you tighten down the screws where you want them, , no bowing, the stock slides on.

2. - Sort of glass bed it following the same theory so the assembly will not bow.

Sorry, that was a lot of words, good luck.

• Upvote 1