Ez Pull Spring

Tommygunner offers a an EZ Pull spring. I have two questions about it

1. Does it effect the gun`s reliablilty (help or hurt) at all?

2. Dumb question, I`m guessing it`ll fit both the 1927A1 and the M1. Am I right?

Thanks

YES, it will fit the SA M1 Models as well. Yes, the Springs drop in. Actually, your only installing the Buffer and the new Springs which takes about a minute to do. I tried one out and those Springs are great. NO SA Owner should go without.. (Perhaps those who have Alloy Made Guns may want to use at their own risk...)

Lionhart,

If these spring kits are the Janowski kits, they work very well.

As you know, I am using a set in my full-auto conversion and after about 4000 rounds, it is still running great.

No wear that I can see at all.

Norm

Isn't Dave a engineer with specialty in springs? I would guess that he thought these through pretty well. I'll be using them in my semi when it gets back from having the SBR work.

PhilOhio - a "oxyMORON" is someone who buys a Kahr, then comes to this site for the first time and wants to know why his gun will not work! Says he has wanted a "thompson" all his life - what a life changing event is about to take place in his life.

Really stupid is like me who had a 21 & 28 then purchased a Kahr expecting it to work.

Sorry to rain your anti-Kahr parade but in my collection I have both: 1)a Kahr M1 and 2) a set of Dave's springs installed in said gun.

Again, I never had a problem with the gun out of the box other than the unsightly 16.5" barrel. In fact, it was a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

My biggest gripe with the gun other than the ugly-ass barrel (which PK kindly replaced) was the unbearable pull to cock the damn thing. The EZ-Pull spring set is clearly much better, but I am going to look into the recoil power and buffer to see if it has enough "umph" to get the bolt locked back after an empty mag in concert with the current buffer.

I am going to have more data in the next few days. This is nothing against Dave or his springs - they are of good quality and the consensus from the field is they are a worth while upgrade to all semi-auto Thompson owners.

Your mileage may vary. I don't really give a shit if you just want to down semi auto owners.

Chris.

Phil-

Then have a little respect for someone just surfing in here, debating whether or not to donate to this forum ... and maybe... just maybe... he or she doesn't know you are "winking".

Some people cannot afford to own Colt 1921AC's that are 99.99% clean. Other unfortunate people cannot even own any full automatics in the state in which they live in and would love to own any Thompson of any make, model or vintage and participate in these forums.

Give them at least that decency... I welcome them. I consider owners of 1927's and semi-auto M1's Thompsons of recent manufacture "Thompson" owners, even if you or others do not.

Chris.

Everybody: Well said!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

By the By, my most excellent Dave J's spring set locks that bolt right back on an empty XX or XXX, and with PK's bolt lock-back mod, it works great with me drum! No probs, cycles like a champ!

Best, Z

Phil-

I generally respect your opinions and like what you have to add, but if you feel people cannot disagree at times like adults without being labled as "testy", "lecturing" or having a target profile (??!?) then so be it. I think you might have read a little too much in my response (based on yours) and interpreted this incorrectly (I never meant to attack you directly, rather make people think about what they say)... but if you don't care as you state then I won't go much further with this.

My whole point was that a relatively new poster asked a very valid question about the springs and the responses degraded into the standard "Kahrs are junk" (paraphrasing), etc thread. I am not arguing that some of these guns have problems as anything humans create can be faulty and yes (I have owned a Chevy in the 1980's), there can be manufacturing problems.

But... to label the new owner and/or new poster to this forum - who did not know this before hand as a "moron" (scroll up and read it yourself - I know that isn't your quote) is just rubbing salt in the wound... and yes... that does bug me. Consider that my fecal artifact with this thread. But I do understand it is my opinion and arguing opinions only gets you so far in life.

And yes, I do feel that some people here (not you), do absoultely believe Kahr and West Hurleys are not Thompsons and are undesireable fakes if it isn't a 21 Colt. But people are free to think whatever they want. I guess this thread just touched a nerve with me that was building up for a bit. Some members on here don't even participate anymore for reasons like this and others, which is quite sad.

Bottom line: Phil - You are still okay in my book... always were. I think we, as a community, want new people who buy these guns (of any make or model or vintage) to come here and ask questions.... even more so if they have problems.

Chris.

BTW...A smart fella might keep the original springs on hand to replace back in the gun incase it had to be sent back for warranty work. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

DC Chris...amen brother. I have seen more than one newbie pretty much chased off of this board. Not all of us are fortunate enough to have a Colt or even a full auto at all. The new Kahr guns are all that we can have and shouldn't be labled or critisized for it. On Ron's thread I think his point was more Kahr bashing than anything meaning you would pretty much have to be a moron to buy a new Kahr gun and expect it to work right out of the box. With the recent let down on the drums and so many other horror stories his opinion is certainly understandable. Could have been better put but he only had the word oxymoron to work with after all.

Thompsons are Thompsons in my opinion...just some are much nicer and more desireable than others...yes I also preffer a Colt. There are different era's of the gun. Volunteer arms Commandos are not Thompson's though...go figure!

Can't we all just get along?

Damon

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif This thread is turning into a soap opera.

DC Chris I agree with ya.

I have a WH semi and thats all I can own (Michigan C&R only) It's true some people here don't like our guns. But that's just thier opinion.You just got to look the other way because this board has many nice people here that will help you and me just about anytime you or I might need their expert opinion. You can't help people that are narrow minded and they's sure as hell won't help you,so don't let them get to ya.I've wanted to say some things in the past but didn't because I'll end up argueing for awhile and that gets old.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif Elbow

I have both semi and full-auto.

I would never have gone through the trials and tribulations of obtaining a full-auto gun with out the "support" of my semi-autos.

I owned five semi-autos before I got my full-auto, so there is always a place in my soul for the 27A1 and I don't agree with people who try to belittle those who only own semi-autos.

I love the fact that so many people offer so much to make an out-of-box Kahr or WH 27A1 look and perform as well as they do.

DC Chris, if you are ever in Memphis TN, then give me a yell; you can shoot my full-auto 27A1 all you want. That invitation goes to any respecatble member of the board.

The economy full-auto days are gone for good! Let's enjoy the semi-auto days (while they last!) http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Norm

I received SA Kahr Thomson M1 for Christmas las year (4 months ago).

I have gone through the springs replacements, magazines that don't fit, magazine catches that fit or don't, dissassembly instructions from the manufacturer that don't do you a lot of god, etc.

Some people in this forum welcomed me and my comments and help me a lot.

I was also feeling like a 'oxyMORON' and like a second class citizen and let me own up to my perception: no one 'made' me feel like this, it was/is my perception, OK?

I quit visiting this forum. I came here by mistake this morning and see that it doesn't seem to have changed a lot.

By the way, I know of a M1 Kahr SA for sale, with springs, modified magazines, original magazines, extra magazine catch, original springs, etc. I don't have the time to piss away on a gun that doesn't work like it should have from the manufacturer.