Rare MP40 Bolt on Gunbroker

Did anyone else see the auction for the bolt and recoil spring/firing pin assembly on gunbroker a week or so ago??? The bolt was marked "110" so must have been a very early bolt. It was a Battle Royale at the end as the price was driven up to $2050 with postage. I know it was rare but it is only a bolt. Unless, of course, you have the matching gun then it was a steal haha.

Yes, i saw that. I started planning my vacation because i have 4 or 5 Lol.

Everything is going up in price. We always have swings on parts and ammo when the world is going to Zombies? Could be that or something else I'm missing. I always tell people, buy it when you see it. What's here today is not always here tomorrow. Could also be 2 rich guys got into a pissing contest. Very common in auctions.

Eric

Marcel Duchamp, a sculptor and artist, declared a urinal to be "art" and entered it into fashionable "salon" painting exhibition in Paris in 1912 or thereabouts. Because he was the "artist" he believed he was the only person entitled to determine what was art and what was not. In his view, if he declared something to be "art" then it was "art". That simple challenge to the established art world changed it forever.

So it is in our CIII world. A seller declares a part to be "rare" and so it is! Once declared "rare" it is very difficult fo declare that it is not.

It is always some other person's word against that of the person who made the declaration. Beware the claim that something is rare unless proven, if possible. FWIW

• Upvote 1