Somebody Is Selling Off A Large Drum / Mag Lot

Check this one out!

I made the inquiries and even an offer (well before they got the opening bid) and the response was that they were hoping to get 11K or more for the lot as a whole. Indicated they were possibly bringing all this stuff to Tulsa. Some nice stuff here but very speculative me thinks. Especially if the rumors are true about a possible reversal of the ruling that bans the re-importation of US military parts etc. If that happens I know of some very cherry drums and parts kits that will flood in from Russia bringing the price of these items down a good bit.

Gone Postal

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem....p?Item=21996585

GB item 21996585

http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2004-08-15/fairdeal_1092849270_Thompson_Stuff_pic_2.JPG

QUOTE (GonePostal @ Aug 20 2004, 10:37 AM)
Especially if the rumors are true about a possible reversal of the ruling that bans the re-importation of US military parts etc.

Postal,

I have not heard these rumors before. Where have you been hearing this? It sound too good to be true.

I couldn't tell why it would be worth even as much as 7K, especially if they were all WH L drums? Even at 11 x $500 each, Pouches were nice but they hang around Egay for $150 tops-

If these are older drums then I would understand-

QUOTE (OldFalGuy @ Aug 21 2004, 07:53 PM)
I couldn't tell why it would be worth even as much as 7K, especially if they were all WH L drums? Even at 11 x $500 each, Pouches were nice but they hang around Egay for $150 tops-

If these are older drums then I would understand-

There were no West Hurley drums in the lot, only WWII contract or earlier. I spoke with the guy before the lot went up, and he was willing to sell it all for 10K. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it (another MG would prob go up in value more by the time all of it was sold off). Nice stuff though! I ccan't imaging original parts are going to get that much cheaper post-ban. They aren't making more WWII surplus parts.

Lot has more than likely been sold off since he closed the auction. I offered him 10k but he turned me down saying he had several potential big price buyers throwing offers at him for 11k+. He also said that he was going to try his hand at the Tulsa show to see if he could part it out and make even more. Bottom line, the auction was a sham and he was fishing. I'd love to know what the actual reserve was that he set for the sale.

Gone Postal