Blanking Device

Hi guys: I'm interested in shooting blanks in my '28. I've gone through past threads on this subject. I'm really interested in the type Murray mentioned a while back that inserted behind the cutts. Does anyone make those or at least have drawings on how to make one? The quick change removal blank barrel made by PK and touted by Phil sounds like a great way to go but I'm not interested in waiting in line a half year or more as Paul K. has way too much business backed up right now. If anyone could provide info or drawings on a blank adaptor I would be most appreciative. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Mike Hammer

I agree wholeheartedly with Phil. After talking the pros and cons with PK it was the only way to go. I shoot way more blanks than ball so the erosion of the chamber was a concern. Just my .02.

Greg

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'm not overly familiar with blank shooting and have never converted a gun for such use and I defer to those of you with more expertise in this area. So when you say "erosion of the chamber", is it also possible that the far end of the receiver could be eroded by shooting blanks...or just the rear end of the barrel thats attached to the receiver... and /or the barrel developing bulges? I did not realize the risks associated with blank shooting, what else can go wrong shooting these things? Needless to say, I will never take a chance of damaging the upper. It sounds as though you cannot do both blanks and real ammo with the same set-up and not pay a price for it. I guess I'll have to wait in line for PK if I want the job done right. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Mike Hammer