This from the comments section should give you your answer -

Question - "This guy was elected in 2016. Why didn't he and the rest of the Republicans pass legislation to get rid of the SBR regulation during the time they held the House, the Senate, and the Presidency?"

Answer - "Because then they'd have to actually pass it."

Question - "This guy was elected in 2016. Why didn't he and the rest of the Republicans pass legislation to get rid of the SBR regulation during the time they held the House, the Senate, and the Presidency?"

Because it takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass any legislation and dems vote in lockstep against expanding any gun rights.

/end civics lesson

Because it takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass any legislation and dems vote in lockstep against expanding any gun rights.

/end civics lesson

They never seem to try no matter how many votes they have. The constant war over firearms generates too much money for them to even want to pass legislation.

/end civics lesson

They never seem to try no matter how many votes they have. The constant war over firearms generates too much money for them to even want to pass legislation.

Get 60 Conservative Republican Senators or abolish the 60 vote cloture rule, otherwise nothing will happen. Of course Dems had 60 votes back in 2010 but still didn't reauthorize the AWB so you may be on to something...

Roscoe,

I imagine in your little world, you think the presidents main issue to worry about is SBR regulation.

In the real world he actually has bigger issues to worry about. Like health care for former pilots.

Jim C

In your twisted little world that tends to revolve around nothing else but politics you think I really care about SBRs? Just to set you straight I have no interest in SBRs in any way shape or form.

As far as Trump goes I never mentioned his name, I only mentioned those who sit in Congress. If you took some time to study the system rather than go off with knee jerk reactions and personal attacks it may shock you to find out that before any legislation reaches the president's desk it has to first be voted on by the House and the Senate which is specifically what I wrote about.