Thompson Case on eBay

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Countryboy77

Countryboy77

• Regular Group
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 08:51 PM

That case is a beauty !  I recently bought a nice vintage saxaphone case from ebay,  and it's too small :(  so now my vintage violin case that's also too small has company.  I'm not having the best of luck.

Chop a couple inches off with hacksaw,file emry and cold blue touch up. Add a M1 style sight and you have a custom piece that fit.At that point bolt a red dot to the top and custom ar 15 buffer tube on a stock slide.Oh yea!refinish with case hardened steel look with black gunkote trim.

Edited by Countryboy77, 04 August 2022 - 12:25 AM.

#22 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2501 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:10 AM

It will sell. Look closely, then bid like crazy. I think what folks are missing here is that there looks like a shot mag in the group!

But, the barrel or comp is overtightened about 30 degrees. Comp still pinned to barrel, but something isn't right with the gun other than the obvious!

#23 tray burge

tray burge

• Regular Group
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Cigars, Scotch.

Posted 04 August 2022 - 12:56 PM

You're looking at the wrong size case if they don't fit?

Late 1890's wooden violin case I Frenched lined to carry my tommy in.

Chicago-Typewriter.jpg

IMG-20160217-175257-761-copy.jpg

IMG-0922.jpg

IMG-20161001-182715-347.jpg

Edited by tray burge, 04 August 2022 - 01:01 PM.

#24 John Dillinger

John Dillinger

• Regular Group
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:WW1 WW2 American Gangsters Skydiving Travelling.

Posted 08 August 2022 - 06:30 AM

Gangsters carried their Thompsons in suitcases.
The violin case thing is a myth you cant get nothing in em Ive tried.
A viola case maybe but in a suitcase the weapon is locked and loaded ready to go less the stock of course.

#25 tray burge

tray burge

• Regular Group
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 12:09 PM

Gangsters carried their Thompsons in suitcases.
The violin case thing is a myth you cant get nothing in em Ive tried.
A viola case maybe but in a suitcase the weapon is locked and loaded ready to go less the stock of course.

You obviously tried the wrong violin case as evidenced above then. lol

#26 jojeep

jojeep

• Regular Group
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 02:28 PM

I like the Golf Bag method as seen in
"Some Like It Hot "

Besides more people play Golf..than the Violin.

Attached Files

Edited by jojeep, 08 August 2022 - 02:39 PM.

#27 tray burge

tray burge

• Regular Group
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:34 AM

I like the Golf Bag method as seen in
"Some Like It Hot "

Besides more people play Golf..than the Violin.

Personally, I keep my phone in mine?

R.jpg

#28 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2501 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 09 August 2022 - 08:54 AM

Not surprisingly, Proxibid yanked the Thompson since it was a Full Auto. 

I am curious if it is still on any other platform, like Live Auctioneers or HiBid?

#29 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2501 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:07 AM

Looks like you can still bid on it here - lot #2. At $12,750 +BP now.

08/20/22 FIREARMS & SPORTING GOODS AUCTION | Pa Auction Center (hibid.com)

Edited by giantpanda4, 09 August 2022 - 09:08 AM.

#30 SP Sarge

SP Sarge

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting Sports, LE Firearm Instructor & Armorer.

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:56 PM

Andrey makes high quality cases. He will custom make any case in any configuration you like. He made a case for me and dealing with him was a pleasure.

Did anyone else notice that the case was located in the Ukraine?

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

After coming home from the TATA show and shoot last week I noticed this old thread at the top and noticed the fact in mentioned Andrey from Ukraine. Andrey is a real gent, and an excellent craftsman. If you attended the 2022 show and shoot you saw some of his handiwork. My little display was more or less dedicated to him and displayed a case he did for me which arrived 2 days after the war began. It is a Boss and Company of London case made of oak wrapped in leather, vintage mid to late 1800's, which originally held a dual pair of shotguns owned by the Duke of Hamilton. Andrey bought it at a Uk auction, then gutted the case and rebuilt the interior to hold a Thompson and all the accessories. He's still doing business and due to current events, his hobby of case making is now the primary source of income for he and his family. Shipping currently takes about 2 weeks to arrive from the time it ships. Attached is a pic of the Duke of Hamilton case, along with two pistol cases he did for me recently. Please PM me if you would like a link to his Ebay store.

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.jpg   100.73K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   112.88K   19 downloads
  • Attached File  1.jpg   436.11K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   278.36K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   276.04K   13 downloads

#31 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1475 posts
  • Interests:NRA Patron member
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 16 August 2022 - 05:23 AM

Andrey makes high quality cases. He will custom make any case in any configuration you like. He made a case for me and dealing with him was a pleasure.

>>Did anyone else notice that the case was located in the Ukraine?

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

After coming home from the TATA show and shoot last week I noticed this old thread at the top and noticed the fact in mentioned Andrey from Ukraine. Andrey is a real gent, and an excellent craftsman. If you attended the 2022 show and shoot you saw some of his handiwork. My little display was more or less dedicated to him and displayed a case he did for me which arrived 2 days after the war began. It is a Boss and Company of London case made of oak wrapped in leather, vintage mid to late 1800's, which originally held a dual pair of shotguns owned by the Duke of Hamilton. Andrey bought it at a Uk auction, then gutted the case and rebuilt the interior to hold a Thompson and all the accessories. He's still doing business and due to current events, his hobby of case making is now the primary source of income for he and his family. Shipping currently takes about 2 weeks to arrive from the time it ships. Attached is a pic of the Duke of Hamilton case, along with two pistol cases he did for me recently. Please PM me if you would like a link to his Ebay store.

That is a beautiful case. A real centerpiece of any Tommy gun display. Andrey built a custom Thompson case for me. From the first inquiry to delivery he really was first class.

Edited by timkel, 16 August 2022 - 05:24 AM.