10mm Thompson?

Hi guys, I asked this question on another post, but thought I would create another specifically for this topic.

I heard and read some gun mag articles on the FBI converting some of their TSMGs to 10mm, think it was early 90's. Did they come to fruition? Has anybody any photos, tech stuff, etc.

I am interested in these as I have been a 10mm owner of various makes since 1985. Still shoot one for fun.

I found this semi for sale on another site;

http://www.thegunrunner.net/militaryfirearms.html

Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927A1, 10mm

$975.00

SN 20298

Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927A1, 10mm semi-auto rifle. As new! Rare 10mm! Marked 10mm on the receiver - this is NOT a conversion... A real barker and much more knock-down and down range power than the .45... Vertical grip, compensator at muzzle. Perfect condition. Way coooooll!! No box or papers. This gun came from a large collection in Missouri and has been stored for a long time. One or two rust fleck spots on top of receiver. Rare in 10mm. I have quite a bit of ammunition for this baby too. I also have a 10mm receiver with barrel, front vertical grip as well. SOLD

I couldn't get the pic on, but it is not unique anyway.

Any info out there??

Thanks,

Brad

Just to clarify, I don't want to buy this one or any other one. I am basically looking for info on the converted 45 to 10 guns. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

GENTLEMEN,

REGARDING YOUR QUESTIONS, AUTO ORDANANCE MADE THE THOMPSON IN 10MM FOR THE FBI UPON THEIR REQUEST,(THE FBI'S). ALTHOUGH THE FBI DID NOT CHOOSE THE THOMPSON, INSTEAD THEY CHOSE THE HK MP5 10, THOMPSON CONTINUED TO MANUFACTURE THE 10MM THOMPSON IN SEMI AUTO FOR PUBLIC SALE. THE INFO I FOUND INDICATED THEY WERE MADE FROM 1991 TO 1994 OR 95. A MAGAZINE ARTICL I READ THAT WAS PUBLISHED AROUND1991 STATED THERE WERE GOING TO BE 75 ROUND DRUM MAGS AVAILABLE BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN OR HEARD OF ONE LET ALONE EXTRA 30 ROUND MAGS.

AS FAR AS THE ONE YOU MENTIONED FOR SALE BY THE GUNRUNNER, WHICH IS IN BURTON OHIO, I BOUGHT THAT THOMPSON BACK IN JUNE WHILEI WAS ON MY HONEYMOON, THE GUN IS ACTUALLY WHAT DETERMINED WHERE WE TOOK OUR HONEYMOON, WHAT A WIFE!. I SECURED THE GUN FOR $950, SO I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE ONE ON GUNSAMERICA FOR $2000+, THE BLUE BOOK ON THIS FIREARM IS CURRENTLY $775 TO $800.

FORGET ABOUT EXTRA MAGS, I'VE LOOKED, CALLED, AND ASKED NUMRICH, KAHR, AND EVERY OTHER DEALER THAT SELLS MAGS AND PARTS. ONTHE BRIGHT SIDE, NUMRICH STATES THAT ALL PARTS ARE INTERCHANGABLE EXCEPT THE BARREL, BOLT AND THEY STATE MAGAZINES. I HAVE MODIFIED 30 ROUND 45 MAGS, ALL THAT IS REQUIRED IS GRINDING DOWN THE TANG ON THE BACK OF THE FOLLOWER THAT HOLDS THE BOLT OPEN ON THE LAST ROUND. OTHER THAN THAT THE DIFFERENCE IN DIAMETER OF THE BULLET IS SO MINIMAL NO MODS ARE REQUIRED TO THE FEEDING LIPS. THIS MEANS THE MAG HOLDS 34 10MM ROUNDS.