Looking for an M1928A1

I'm looking to buy a military M1928A1 in the next couple of months. If anyone knows of one for sale, or of one being listed in the near future, please let me know.

I am watching one on Ruben's site, and keeping an eye on Sturmgewehr.com, and Machinegun Central/Subguns.com.

Thanks in advance for your help.

https://machineguncentral.com/ViewDetails.aspx?p=1192--183b19b6-ae25-4293-b590-c060f0bb1f7b

i dont hate this one...i think in todays market is a $23,000 gun or less

i prefer police guns as they are usually in nicer shape. matching upper/lower, late manufacture with smooth barrel and L sight. Im not sure if the vertical grip is correct to the gun. The finish(if original) looks very good. The finish on the barrel is different, so it might have had a barrel swap.

Finding the right thompson for you is not a quick purchase like a Mac or Uzi. Most Thompsons are not all original and if your goal(like mine) is to make it correct you have to start with a mostly correct gun and make it correct. it seems the majority have some issues.

If this gun is refinished and thats not the original barrel then i would lower my offer further...the market is rock bottom with shooter grade 1928's selling in the low $20's...i think one even sold for $19 a while back.

I would avoid the big dealer with $28k thompsons...they are over priced, typically refinished and beautiful......

are you looking for a war gun...specific to the A1? are you looking for the early features? (ribbed barrel, lyman rear sight,etc) ? are you looking for original finish/all matching?

ive seen very few war gun A1's that were correct/original and in decent condition...very few....lucky for you the market is blah and there are more thompson choices now that ive seen in the 3.5 years ive owned one

You raise good points. Im looking for a military Thompson, though the AC versions are appealing for their condition. For me, it just wouldnt fly. Im simply casting a wide net.

Not a 28, but I have a really nice looking Savage M1 in Louisiana, so you could check it out in person.

What part of the state?

PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...

We're through Louisiana a few times a year between friends in Florida and kids in San Antonio....

Maybe next trip Ill add a few toys and ammo and meet y'all for a fun afternoon?

john

Edited by john

• 2 weeks later...